Reality for Daz Studio: a new level of realism
Today Pret-A-3D announces the features for the upcoming plug-in “Reality.” The following video highlights what Reality does.
Reality features at a glance:
- Interface between Daz Studio and LuxRender. LuxRender is the physically-based, Open Source renderer developed at http://www.luxrender.net
- Mac OS and Windows versions available. For Windows, both 32 and 64 bit versions will be released.
- Automatic conversion of Studio shaders to LuxRender materials
- Support for fine-tuning of materials
- Materials available:
- Matte Translucent
- Glass with volumetric dispersion
- Realistic Metal
- Presets for gemstones, different types of glass, human cornea and more.
- Built-in material preview
- Turn any .OBJ into a water object.
- Indirect light, caustics, reflective surfaces. All materials work like in real life.
- Intuitive light and materials setting. It works like a photo studio
- Bump-map and displacement maps supported
- Built-in subdivision
- Sun light, spotlights and mesh-based lights
- Shallow Depth Of Field with one-click setup and camera-like controls
- Render scenes outside Studio, allowing you to continue work in Studio while rendering.
- Stop and resume any render.
- Multi-processor/hyper-threading ready.
- Network rendering support thanks to LuxRender
- Built-in UV Map+texture viewer
Reality brings the world of physically-based materials to Studio. Now you can shine a light in front of a Daz character and see that light reflected accurately on the cornea of the character. No need to use reflection maps that rarely match the lighting in your scene. Water can be fine tuned to any degree, changing color, clarity, and ripple amount. Metal presets are available for Gold, Silver, Aluminum and Copper. Metal is reflective to any degree of polish and supports anisotropic reflections.
Availability and price to be announced.
This is an image rendered by Daz Studio artist “Mattymanx” after just a few days of use of a pre-release version of Reality. Click on it for full size version:
Reality includes the ACSEL (Automatic Custom ShadEr Loading) technology that reads specially fine-tuned shaders for a given model. With ACSEL, content creators will be able to provide specially fine-tuned shader settings that will deliver the best realistic result for their Studio models right out of the box. If you would like to learn about ACSEL and how it can make your products stand out please contact Paolo Ciccone: email@example.com.
I take the occasion to thank the development team of LuxRender, for creating Lux, the amazing program that the Reality plug-in is designed to work with. Without Lux there would be no “Reality” so please be sure to go to http://www.luxrender.net and leave a thank you note for all the people who made this possible.
Credit: bottle collection in video modeled by Jeremy Birn.