Reality 2.1 soon to be released
An update to Reality 2, named 2.1, is under test now and will be released via the automatic updater in the next few days. This is a maintenance update that addresses a few bug discovered after Reality 2.0 shipped. Here is the list of upcoming changes:
- Fixed use of DS4 geo-grafting. This makes it possible to use the V5 genitalia, among other things.
- Fixed bug about crash when setting a color for the IBL light
- Fixed bug that prevented ACSEL Share shaders to be triggered when using the intended figure+texture set.
- Added flag to ACSEL Share to include in the list of shaders to be installed also the ones already installed. This gives the ability to re-install a previously installed shader set.
- Changed paths in the .lxo file to use relative file names for the .ply files. This makes it possible to transfer the scene to another machine with a different directory tree.
- Changed the path to the metal description files (.nk) to be relative. Makes moving scenes to another machine easier.
- Added texture collection to the IBL maps. The IBL maps are never scaled, regardless of the size selected for texture collection. This is by design. Makes moving scenes to another machine easier.
- Fixed bug: http://preta3d.com/mantisbts/view.php?id=0000411 Possible incorrect building of the .lxm file
- Changed the defaults of the Smart Photon Map. This improves the results when using this scene type. This type should be used by default when rendering only with the CPU.
- Fixed bug: http://preta3d.com/mantisbts/view.php?id=0000420 ACSEL Share database doesn’t show a recently submitted shader
- MLIE now works also when collecting textures. See bug #407.
- Solved the problem of “the disappearing Vicky” when using V4 and rendering with SLG.
- Updated SLG2 for Mac OS to support Lion
- Added “OpenCL work group size” in the output tab. This parameter should not be changed normally. It is necessary to set it to 64 for certain nVidia card that. otherwise, render a black scene. If your card works fine with the parameter set at 0 leave it at 0.
- Now the Fog and Null materials are not previewed.
- Reality now fits better on low-resolution screens. While we can’t officially support resolutions lower than 800 vertical pixels, the Reality window now, in certain configurations will fit in 765 vertical pixels and should work at 1024×768. While the final result depends on many factors, the Reality window can be substantially shorter now.
- The camera preview in the Camera tab is gone. This fixes a few problems in the sizing of the Reality windows and eliminates an element that was rarely used.