Reality 126.96.36.199 released
A new series of updates for Reality 2 has been just released.
Here is the detailed description of what has changed:
- Fixed Multi-Edit when running Reality under DS3
- Fixed conversion of Genesis materials to Lights.
- Fixed the resetting of the value for multi-faceted subdivision. Previously selecting a material with multifaceted subdivision would automatically reset the value to 8.
- Fixed bug 432. This is about the Velvet material not being supported by SLG. It’s now converted by Reality to Matte so the scene renders without issues.
- Added new “Invert direction” option to the mesh lights. This is useful when using skydomes or to turn a container into light source. Sometimes you need to use an object as a light but the way it’s modeled prevents it because the normals of the object are pointing in the “wrong” direction. With this feature you can simply invert the direction of the light emitted by the object.
- Added “Max depth” and “Max Photon Depth” parameters for the Photon Map scene type. This allows you to fine tune those parameters for scene with higher complexity.
- Added automatic adjustment of the default Diffuse color. Now if the Studio material is set to use pure white (255,255,255) Reality adjusts the color to be an off-white (220,220, 220). This results in both more realistic results and faster, less noisy rendering.
- Added automatic adjustment of the default Glossiness strength. Now if the Studio material is set to use full specular (10000) Reality adjusts the color to be slightly less: 9900. This results in both more realistic results and faster, less noisy rendering.
- Mac OS Installer: a check is done now to verify that the location selected for the installation is valid. The location is checked to include DAZ Studio.
- Windows installer: the accidental addition of “DAZStudio3″ or “DAZStudio4″ to the location selected has been removed.
- Improved reliability of the automatic updater. This will be visible with the next update.
To obtain the update you can simply restart DAZ Studio, Reality will show you a message about the new build being ready. Alternatively you can use the Product Download Page.