Reality/Luxrender updates and/or status(?)

News and announcements about Reality, for all editions
ix69pd11

Re: Reality/Luxrender updates and/or status(?)

Postby ix69pd11 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:39 am

Disregard.

ix69pd11

Postby ix69pd11 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Is this the most recent update we have (from March)?

pciccone wrote:Hi.

I have been working on a plan for updates to Reality. At this time I can’t post anything yet, but I hope to have something that I will be able to share in the next few months.

Thank you again for your support.

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:47 am

ix69pd11 wrote:Is this the most recent update we have (from March)?

Yes, that is the last update from Paolo

The latest version of Luxrender 2.0 (reboot) is actually getting much better. The GUI interface is still a bit basic and the biggest downside is the missing ability to change light groups on the fly. Also Luxcore still does not support all of the Luxrender classic features, although some of these missing features are slowly being added, not all will make it into the new version.

Main issue from a Reality perspective is Luxrender 2 having issues converting many old scene language files to the new scene format. I have tried a few scenes by manually loading them into Luxrender 2 and found that only the simpler ones actually makes it through to the rendering phase.

Frankly the only thing that makes sense, is to rewrite the export part of Reality to the new format. That would open up all of the new features in Luxrender 2, and possibly adding speed and reduced memory requirements.

Provided Paolo has used a fairly modular code architecture for Reality, it should be possible, but it is hard to know for sure. I'm hoping that Paolo will provide us with an update at some point.
/Sigstan

MrWizard1024

Postby MrWizard1024 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:05 pm

Sigstan, thanks for the update!

pcdude40

Postby pcdude40 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:17 pm

Hello! I just purchased the Reality plugin for DAZ Studio. I'm now reading that there really hasn't been any support for this product. What a shame! I really enjoyed the Poser plugin as well and decided to see how the DAZ plugin would work as well.

Does anyone know if there are any updates to this product? I noticed something about the LuxCoreRenderer but when I visit the website it says it's for Blender? Am I missing something?

Anyway, I sure hope that somehow this product can be resurected as I thought it was awesome! I'd hate to have to spend $300 plus to go to the Octane plugin if I don't have to, this plugin was so much more affordable.

Thanks and any more news would be welcome!

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:33 am

Hi.

I'm working on having updates to Reality. I should be able to announce something toward the end of the year.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Excellent! Very glad to hear it!

Return to “Reality News”