Victoria 7 Automatic preset on sale now!

News and announcements about Reality, for all editions
joaquimlopes

Re: Victoria 7 Automatic preset on sale now!

Postby joaquimlopes » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:34 pm

Thanks, Fram163. You are absolutely right! I changed the gamma on the image map and the problem disappeared. And more importantly I learned a new thing today :D

Fram1963

Postby Fram1963 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:40 pm

joaquimlopes wrote:Thanks, Fram163. You are absolutely right! I changed the gamma on the image map and the problem disappeared. And more importantly I learned a new thing today :D

You're welcome! Glad I could help,
Lyne
:D

Nyghtfall

Postby Nyghtfall » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:46 am

I bought a copy during the sale and gave it a whirl tonight, rendering her au naturale.

I dare say, she looks more realistic in Reality than with her stock mats in Iray, and even better than with a few add-ons I've seen from DAZ PA's, including the IG Iray Essentials I bought, last July.

One particularly interesting point of note I observed while rendering this is how much more realistic the light produced by Lux appears. All those rays hit every nook and cranny in the scene, making her muscle tone pop with gorgeous definition.

With CPU Acceleration enabled, Extra Boost and OpenCL disabled, it took just 30 minutes to reach this level of quality on my 3.5 GHz Core i7-4770K. Looks like I'll be hangin' with Reality for the time being.

She's on my DeviantArt page for anyone who wants to see (link in sig).

WARNING: NSFW

banditcameraman

Postby banditcameraman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:55 am

I used the V7 preset for a Victoria Generations render and it does look fantastic; didn't tweak it at all 8-)

Link to full size for comparison

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:06 am

Hi Nyghtfall.
Thank you very much for the great feedback, I'm glad that the V7 preset worked so well for you.
Cheers.
--
Paolo

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:07 am

Hey Jaime.

Thank you for posting your feedback and the nice composition.
--
Paolo

banditcameraman

Postby banditcameraman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:55 pm

pciccone wrote:Hey Jaime.

Thank you for posting your feedback and the nice composition.

You're very welcome and mille grazie for the kind words, Maestro Paolo :D

Nyghtfall

Postby Nyghtfall » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:45 pm

pciccone wrote:Hi Nyghtfall.
Thank you very much for the great feedback, I'm glad that the V7 preset worked so well for you.
Cheers.

You are quite welcome.

I'm studying the RUG to reacquaint myself with the plugin and familiarize myself with the new features.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:41 pm

Fram1963 wrote:The gamma setting on the image map used in the diffuse for the genitalia is set to 1.00 and should be 2.20 to match the torso setting. That is why you get that whitish coloring on the genitalia area.

Should the V7 Genitalia preset be updated to reflect this?

Cheers,

Indeed, I verified this issue. I don't know how it happened, since I tested the preset for the genitalia myself and it worked. Something happened between my tests and the delivery of the preset that cause the gamma for the Diffuse texture to be set to 1.0 instead of 2.2.

I have made a modification and we are testing it. Once done I will re-release the file, and the people who purchased the preset will be able to download it and update.
--
Paolo

VikkiL

Postby VikkiL » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Has anyone had a problem with one ear being almost white compared to the rest of the body? I have yet to watch the Reality video, so I have no clue how any of it works. I used the basic IRAY lights (DAZ Studio) but one ear ends up looking whitish with a clear line between that and the rest of her face.

Here is a link to my photobucket album that shows it clearly:

I have some earlier renders that didn't seem to do this, so I must have done something that I don't remember :?

Vikki
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Hyman Rickover, "The World of the Uneducated", "The Saturday Evening Post", November 28, 1959

Return to “Reality News”