AMD Radeon LuxRender users

Discussions about general topics of interest, like lighting, material customization and so one
kingsmagic

Re: AMD Radeon LuxRender users

Postby kingsmagic » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:58 am

rattletat wrote:Got myself a Vega56 and its back to breaking heads with LuxRender. Had the GTX 1070 before it and wow iRay is something else.

Im hoping someone can make a Daz to Blender (ProRender) script - a Daz to Cycles script exists already

Maby this works for you ?
https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts4/mcjteleblender3

I can export from Daz to Blender en even use the new Luxrender. (only im still learning blender so I cant get yet the results that I want)
I'll make fairytales

TransformerMan

Re: AMD Radeon LuxRender users

Postby TransformerMan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:03 pm

rattletat wrote:Okay, so I managed to get the best of both worlds (ie old OpenCL + driver improvements). I grabbed the AMD OpenCL drivers from the 15.12 package (which correspond to v1915.2)

1. amdocl64.dll
2. amdocl.dll
3. amdocl12cl64
4. amdocl12cl.dll
5. amd_opencl32.dll
6. amd_opencl64.dll

Directory is: C:\AMD\Radeon-Crimson-15.12-Win10-64Bit\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B297238

There are two ways to solve it:

Method 1: Download latest driver from AMD's website, extract the files, goto the NEW folders directory and replace the OpenCL dlls with the 15.12 package OpenCL dlls. Then install the driver. During installation it will give some kinda "invalid signature error" but just proceed with the installation.

Method 2: Install the latest drivers as is. Take the 15.12 package OpenCL dlls and place them in the Reality and Luxrender folder. That way luxrender will use the old OpenCL dlls to render :D

O.M.G. :o :o :o
Why have I never come across this thread before?! I tested this (method #2) and for my latest scene, the pesky "kernel compiling" step dropped to 11 sek, from 11+ minutes! And none of the crazy RAM usage!

Incredible. Thank you! (Belated, but still..) :D

Return to “General”