Reality Camera Lights (RCL) Freebie for DS (v2 May 2017)

sigstan

Re: Reality Camera Lights (RCL) Freebie for DS (v2 May 2017)

Postby sigstan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Fatbear wrote:Amazing work!

Thanks for making it

You're welcome. Happy that you find it useful.
/Sigstan

MustangMike

Postby MustangMike » Wed May 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Niels..

Have you looked at the difference between mesh lights for Reality/Lux and Iray? I've been looking at them and it seems like the emmisive profile is the big difference. It would be very cool to use your lights modified for Iray... is that possible?

Mike

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Sat May 12, 2018 12:27 pm

MustangMike wrote:Niels..

Have you looked at the difference between mesh lights for Reality/Lux and Iray? I've been looking at them and it seems like the emmisive profile is the big difference. It would be very cool to use your lights modified for Iray... is that possible?

I have not really looked much into iRay mesh lights, but I think the difference is not that big, so it should be possible to convert them without too much trouble. But I do not have any plans to do this at the moment.
/Sigstan

MustangMike

Postby MustangMike » Sat May 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Thanks for the info.. I have converted the Reality Mesh lights to work in Iray... they do well. Also have used some of yours. Iray is picky about what shapes will take an IES profile but most of them work.

Mike

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Sat May 26, 2018 10:29 am

Okay, good to know that they can be converted. I might have to look into it at doing a conversion at some point.
I believe I read some threads some time ago about issues with Iray and IES profiles, so the picky part is probably correct.
/Sigstan

MustangMike

Postby MustangMike » Sat May 26, 2018 11:27 am

Super!! Only disk and rectangle mesh lights will accept IES profiles in Iray and the relative size of the light must be larger in area to produce sufficient lighting in Iray. You just have to make the "light" surface of the mesh light emmisive and then I always adjust the Temperature (K) and the light Units in the Surfaces tab. I have achieved some very good results with Lux type midtone hilights that Iray specific lights seem to lack.
Attachments
Mikeys Lights 2.JPG

Return to “Tips, techniques, and recipes”