Bump map, normal map and displacement map

fuzzy70

Re: Bump map, normal map and displacement map

Postby fuzzy70 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:51 am

Easy mistake to make Marcel, I tend to do my tuts offline in a text editor then past them into a post. I still make some errors but not as many doing it that way, also a 2nd set of eyes reading it always helps as easily can miss things from staring at the same text over & over again.

The biggest problem I have is putting it in a way that others can understand & sometimes that fails spectacularly as the translation from my brain into words occasionally causes me problems.

Regards

Lee
Windows 10 x64, Daz Studio 4.9 x64, Poser Pro 11 & whatever the current version of Reality is :lol:

Fram1963

Postby Fram1963 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks Marcel for the nice tutorial!

Cheers,
Lyne
:D

olurtz

Postby olurtz » Thu May 19, 2016 5:07 pm

Thank you for the tutorial, I was about to start searching for the terms but I found your post :)

My question is, to get skin more wrinkly or lets say wrinkles at joints, I need a better bump map? Can I achieve this myself by editing lets say Victorias textures?

Thank you again for the tutorial

Best wishes

Marcel2586

Postby Marcel2586 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:08 am

Yes, you can. but first you need to clean the texture before you make a bump map/normal map, especially with normal maps.
If you do not remove birthmarks and freckles, it can really mess up the skin. birthmarks could become deep holes.
this would be funny if it weren't happening to me :shock:

Return to “Tips, techniques, and recipes”