Adding oomph to your rendering time

rattletat

Re: Adding oomph to your rendering time

Postby rattletat » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:20 am

Aw that is a disappointing news, Im always on a lookout for realistic skins. Thanks for letting me know, its really well done.

banditcameraman

Postby banditcameraman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:50 am

rattletat wrote:Aw that is a disappointing news, Im always on a lookout for realistic skins. Thanks for letting me know, its really well done.

You're welcome and sorry for the disappointment :( Maybe the tutorial will help you get there when it comes out 8-) Because in my opinion and based on my experience, with some work well made skins can be made to look realistic :ugeek:

As a matter of preference I favour Generation 4 skins, even for Genesis 2 characters. That said, there are a lot of really good Genesis 3 characters and having sussed out how to make the skin look good in Reality 4 is making me rethink my relcutance to embrace that generation :oops: The only reason why I haven't yet is it's impossible to transfer G2 HD over to G3 without being a vendor since only they have access to Daz's HD :roll:

Nathanomir

Postby Nathanomir » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:25 am

banditcameraman wrote:it's impossible to transfer G2 HD over to G3 without being a vendor since only they have access to Daz's HD :roll:

There is a way, for custom morphed characters. Copy down the slider settings for the G2F character, then apply them to the G3F character. If you're like me, you'll get hand cramp. This works better for V6HD to V7HD, than for the ones who were massively changed, like Olympia. There are some differences in the two generations. Some settings are missing, like brow define. Others work backwards, like nose height. The biggest difference is that V6 has a heart shaped face, and V7 has more of an oval shaped face. That requires some work on V7's chin, jaw, and cheeks to get the same look. But you will end up with a 90% accurate transfer. The rest is just minor tweaking.

Obviously, this won't work for out-of-the-box characters. I can't transfer Valerie for G2F to G3F. Sigh! At least, Fred Winkler-Sabby are making up for that. Their V7HD characters are outtasight groovy, daddy-o!
Sometimes, my wife wakes up grumpy. Sometimes, she lets me sleep.

Return to “Tips, techniques, and recipes”