Automatic Presets

All kind of topics about Reality Poser Edition
Craig

Automatic Presets

Postby Craig » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:50 am

I'm in the process of saving some of my regular figure's textures as Automatic Presets. It gives me the option to have this as a generic preset.

A bit of background:
I have a few V4 characters that I use in Poser and I've applied various custom skins and morphs and saved them in the Library using custom names so every time I want to use them in a scene, I just load the finished article from the Library and she's ready to go without needing to load V4 Base, load her morphs and apply the skin textures. Her name in the Parameter Panel is "Uriel V4 2016".

In Reality, if I check the 'this is a generic preset' box when I save the Automatic Preset, will this preset be applied to only the "Uriel V4 2016" model or to ALL V4 models?

I'm hoping it'll only apply it to "Uriel V4 2016" but wanted to make sure while I'm in the early stages to setting these presets for my main group of characters.

PS - great work by the way! :)

pciccone
Site Admin

Re: Automatic Presets

Postby pciccone » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:07 am

Hi.

The automatic preset do not save textures, they save the material settings for the materials that are selected. You must not use the "Generic Preset" option. If you do that it will apply the materials settings, in your case, to V4, regardless of what skin you applied. Also, the generic preset will not save the texture information, only the material properties, like the glossiness strength, metallicity, subdivision etc.

So, what you need to do is to leave the Generic Preset checkbox unchecked. Then the presets, including the exact configuration of the textures, will be saved and restored whenever you use that skin with V4. There are some video tutorial in our YouTube channel, accessible via the help menu, that describe the process in detail.

Hope this helps.
--
Paolo

Craig

Postby Craig » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:58 am

Thanks Paola (and for the quick response!) :)

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:32 am

You're very welcome.
--
Paolo

Return to “General”