Can't install nor Download latest update of Reality

All kind of topics about Reality Poser Edition
cartoonMike

Can't install nor Download latest update of Reality

Postby cartoonMike » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:50 am

This was posted in the General topic area. See, since this happened with both the DAZ Studio and Poser installer and trying to download the installers from this website to see if the installers I was using were corrupted or some such... But after 3 days I've gotten no reply so I'm guessing that maybe posting here could be helpful... there's just no concise place for the issue I'm experiencing.

I have no idea if any of the info that follows is license-related or not, and I don't know who to send "private" emails to as I've never had to ask Preta3D for any support prior to this (been using Reality since v.3, btw), which kinda explains why I'm so sour about missing the "support window" when I've never needed support until now... and it's not even for using Reality, I just want to download the new updates and install them. That's all.
_____

I wrote the following in the Support email page only to find out that I missed the "90 day" window for support. Would've been nice if I had some prior warning...(sigh)

First off, I'm running MacOS Sierra (10.12) and I couldn't install the updaters -- both Poser (Serial [redacted ] ) and DAZ Studio versions give me an error that a config file couldn't be written to the exact wording is:

The configuration file /private/var/folders/8w/hlq4ts5d3nzf9dwz1t48h6mh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F8E71F82-95A4-41BC-AAC8-40CA32D5041D/d/RealityInstaller.cfg is missing. This installation cannot continue.

---
Don't know what of the above is my "private" info and what isn't, so I just put it all in. IF I could've done a support email, this wouldn't have been an issue. This is the thing about Support "limits" -- in over 3-4 years of use (IIRC) I've never had to contact Preta3d's support until now... only to find out that I missed an arbitrary "deadline" for things that are not even my fault.
---

I don't mess around with anything in private folders unless I know 100% what I need to do and why. Makes everyone's life a bit simpler.

So, I thought that maybe something in the update to Mac OS 10.12 affected the installers (which also gave an error of being from an unidentified developer) so I thought that I'd just go to the website and download new ones.

I jump through the hoops of entering in the Order/Serial number and when I click on the download button, instead of a shiny new file I'm directed to a page where this error message resides:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
<Expires>2016-10-10T17:57:07Z</Expires>
<ServerTime>2016-10-10T17:57:17Z</ServerTime>
<RequestId>17DF6CCED6D231D2</RequestId>
<HostId>
YJuAQHcWYObUrj3qofi9pog2kxnwkxkxBi2+D8P+mhDUJh8MyRYsa0dpVEJA65mBZBgF6qa5Fw8=
</HostId>
</Error>

So I'm a bit disappointed and a smidgen confused, never had issues like this with prior installs of Reality.

I'd like to know if I need to do a total re-install of Reality or not. And if so, how?

I've rebooted my Mac and tried to run the installers, and got the same error. So running the host app (DS or Poser) isn't an issue. And I flushed my cache on Safari and got the same Access denied message. I also tried using Firefox and got the same error.

Although I do have Reality in Poser 11 and in DS 4.9... they are older versions of 4 and I want to install the update.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Thankfully I can still use the host apps and can continue with my projects as rendering is a ways off, but I do like to make sure that there's not going to be any bumps in the workflow.

----
I use an app called 1Password that can create records not only for passwords/website but also for apps/serial numbers. So I just click on the serial number entry and it's copied to my clipboard and I can paste it into any form or dialog. I know the info I have is correct, because it worked for 4.2 (both DS and Poser) just fine.

pciccone
Site Admin

Re: Can't install nor Download latest update of Reality

Postby pciccone » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:24 am

Hi.
Sorry about this, there was a misconfiguration for the server. It's been fixed now and you can download the program.

Thank you for your patience.
--
Paolo

cartoonMike

Postby cartoonMike » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:19 am

Thanks! Downloaded both the Studio and Poser versions, no problem.

Now when I'm trying to install from the DMG, I'm getting the same error message for both:

DAZ Studio message:

Code: Select all

The configuration file /private/var/folders/8w/hlq4ts5d3nzf9dwz1t48h6mh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7C242968-08A4-408B-AC39-26E9882404BF/d/RealityInstaller.cfg is missing. This installation cannot continue.

Poser message:

Code: Select all

The configuration file /private/var/folders/8w/hlq4ts5d3nzf9dwz1t48h6mh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/0DBFC66E-AE33-4CBF-A2EE-75E860028000/d/RealityInstaller.cfg is missing. This installation cannot continue.

I don't know what to do just to install Reality. Do I delete all Reality stuff or... ??
Using MacOS 10.12 -- I don't know if this is something to do with Sierra or not.
Please advise. Thanks!

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Unfortunately Apple broke something with Sierra. At this time we have no solution, hopefully the next update of Mac OS will fix the issue.
--
Paolo

cartoonMike

Postby cartoonMike » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Since Apple's into the third or 4th iteration of 10.12.1 and if past patterns are any indication, it should be out in the wild by the Hallowe'en or by mid-november. Hopefully.

BTW, I'd be happy to volunteer to beta test any fix, as I've some experience beta testing.

Return to “General”