Valid serial Number Not Working

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
gfunk53

Valid serial Number Not Working

Postby gfunk53 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:18 am

I just purchased Reality4 for Poser. It installed no problems. I typed in my info and copied/pasted my order number and serial/license number provided in the purchase confirmation email. The window states "The buttons below will become enabled when a valid serial number is entered". The buttons are not enabled. What am I doing wrong?

pciccone
Site Admin

Re: Valid serial Number Not Working

Postby pciccone » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:32 am

The serial number does work. If you don't see the buttons enabled it means that the information is entered wrong. Try again, paying attention to every detail. If you can figure it out, please send me an email to reality at Prêt-à-3D dot com with a screenshot of the registration window and a copy of your license email.

Thank you.
--
Paolo

zerochance

Postby zerochance » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:04 pm

I've got the same problem. I cut and pasted the serial number from the email and it won't work. I deleted it and tried to retype but the boxes will not accept any numbers when I try that.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi.
Sorry for the inconvenience but the numbers that you have received are valid. So, if there is an error that is because something in the registration data was entered incorrectly.

Here are the common cases:

- If you are upgrading from Reality 2 to Reality 4 then the Reality 2 registration screen will come up after the installation of version 4. Ignore it. Reality 2 registration window appears when you launch Studio. The Reality 4 registration will show up when you launch Reality from the Studio’s menu. So, you have an easy way of recognizing which is which. Each version has its own serial number and they are not interchangeable.

- If you are indeed in the Reality 4 registration window and you have an error then you entered the data incorrectly. Double check and try again. Make sure that you did not copy blank spaces when you copied the serial number. The best way of selecting it is to double-click in the middle of the sequence of characters.

- If you can’t find the error then email me at reality@preta3d.com with a READABLE screenshot (don’t use your phone) of the registration window with your data in it and another screenshot that shows the error. I will then tell you what you will need to change.

Keep in mind that the number must match the name. If you registered Reality with a name you must enter the same name, order # and serial #.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

Return to “Troubleshooting”