"Could not load the Reality plugin!" in 64-bit mode

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
Diogo

"Could not load the Reality plugin!" in 64-bit mode

Postby Diogo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:47 pm

After some time without using my Poser Pro 2014 x64 with Reality x64 installed, I find I can no longer start the application. I get the following error:

Could not load the Reality plugin!
You are running Poser at 64-bit bits.
Make sure that you have installed Reality at 64-bit bits as well

And then Poser stays in the loading screen forever.
Well, I DID make sure that I am running Reality 64 bits with Poser. In several ways, in fact:

Removed Poser preference files. No success.
Reinstalled Reality 64 bits. No success.
Reinstalled Poser Pro 64 bits. No success.
Uninstalled Poser, manually removed ALL registry keys related to Poser and Reality. Installed everything again. No success.

Reinstalling windows is not an option for me, but I DO know it would work because I tried installing Poser Pro and Reality on another, slower PC that I have and it succeeded.

If I remove the Reality folder from Runtime\Python\Addons, then I CAN load Poser... without Reality.

I also tried installing Poser Pro 2014 32-bits with Reality 32-bits and THAT did work. I CAN use PoserPro 32 bits with Reality, but the 64 bits remains locked out for me.

Does ANYONE know how I can solve this?

My specs:
Windows 10
Poser Pro 10.0.4.27796
Reality 4.3.1

Thanks.

pciccone
Site Admin

Re: "Could not load the Reality plugin!" in 64-bit mode

Postby pciccone » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:32 am

Have you installed other software recently? Like new version of the OS or new Poser plugins?
--
Paolo

Diogo

Postby Diogo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Between the time I last used Poser and when I started noticing the error, there was a huge Windows 10 update (and several small ones). At the moment I am upgraded to the latest windows updates in my PC.
I also installed MS Visual Studio 2017 and the Unity UI.
Other than that, there were no new installations of note. No new poser plugins for a good while.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:27 pm

That could be caused by a permission issue. You should look if Reality is set to have full permissions to access the Poser files
--
Paolo

Diogo

Postby Diogo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Doesn't seem to be. I set Reality.exe to run as administrator and double-clicked on the executable even outside of Poser (to see if I could at least bring up the interface), but I get the following error:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)"

Which, in my experience, is due to a mismatch of 32 and 64 bit libraries in the installed folder. However, I ran dependency walker through all pyc, exe and dll files in the folder and they are all 64 bits.

I also tried removing file by file from the reality installation folder. Obviously Reality would not start up correctly if I did that, but I hoped to find ONE file without which I could start Poser. If I remove "Reality_services.pyc", poser 64 does start up. If I remove some other file (for instance, ReGUID.pyc), I still get the warning of "Could not load the Reality plugin".

Diogo

Postby Diogo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:59 am

I also ran Reality with the Dependency walker profiler to see if I could come up with anything new. The profiler log is attached. You can see the error occurs while calling CreateDXGIFactory within c:\windows\system32\DXGIDEBUG.DLL, but I don't know what to do with this info.
Attachments
Reality-DependsProfilerLog.txt
(87.7 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:23 am

It could be a GPU-related issue. Check if your GPU drivers and OpenCL drivers are up to date.
--
Paolo

Return to “Troubleshooting”