Cannot add items to scene file

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
pruiz

Re: Cannot add items to scene file

Postby pruiz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:36 pm

I spoke too soon - I can open scene files and render them but if I add dynamic cloth or props they do not show in "materials" Is there some way to refresh the materials?

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:45 am

pruiz wrote:I spoke too soon - I can open scene files and render them but if I add dynamic cloth or props they do not show in "materials" Is there some way to refresh the materials?

You can always try to select the cloth/prop in question and perform a delete followed by undo. This will refresh the object in Reality, but obviously any previous Reality material settings for the selected object will be removed.
/Sigstan

pruiz

Postby pruiz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:29 pm

sigstan wrote:
pruiz wrote:I spoke too soon - I can open scene files and render them but if I add dynamic cloth or props they do not show in "materials" Is there some way to refresh the materials?

You can always try to select the cloth/prop in question and perform a delete followed by undo. This will refresh the object in Reality, but obviously any previous Reality material settings for the selected object will be removed.

This would be a good workaround but I cannot figure out why now I get nothing in the Reality render page - no camera no lights - no materials. I was getting intermittent problems and I deleted the second instance of DS studio 4.9. I followed the instructions in the Knowledgebase and deleted as follows:
Close Studio and Reality
Delete the Reality folder inside the plugins folder of Studio
Delete the folder C:\Program Files\Reality_DS
Delete the file ACSEL.db that is in the <User folder>/Documents/Pret-a-3D/Reality folder

I then reinstalled Reality. What else am I doing wrong, please?

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:44 pm

pruiz wrote:This would be a good workaround but I cannot figure out why now I get nothing in the Reality render page - no camera no lights - no materials. I was getting intermittent problems and I deleted the second instance of DS studio 4.9.

1) Check that your firewall does not block Reality (that includes Windows firewall if it is activated). Try running with Firewall disabled.
2) Make sure that you have only one DS instance/process running at any given time. This can be verified in Windows Task manager. Reality can only handle one DS instance/process.
/Sigstan

pruiz

Postby pruiz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:49 pm

sigstan wrote:
pruiz wrote:This would be a good workaround but I cannot figure out why now I get nothing in the Reality render page - no camera no lights - no materials. I was getting intermittent problems and I deleted the second instance of DS studio 4.9.

1) Check that your firewall does not block Reality (that includes Windows firewall if it is activated). Try running with Firewall disabled.
2) Make sure that you have only one DS instance/process running at any given time. This can be verified in Windows Task manager. Reality can only handle one DS instance/process.

Firewall disabled. Only one instance running. Now I can open some Daz 'scenes' and all items show up in Realty sometimes but not all the time. If I add items in Daz they do not show in Reality materials. This is inconsistent. I wonder if there are file around from my previous duplicate Daz Studio ( I have 4.9 public build and the other one I deleted was a previous version. I deleted that with Daz Studio manager. I saw somewhere that one should delete all registry entries? Would that effect things in this inconsistent way?

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:27 pm

Hi. I wish I had a solution for the dynhair issue. At this time I don't have any solution but I'll keep trying.
--
Paolo

pruiz

Postby pruiz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:24 am

So it's a recognized issue - just so I do not keep banging my head against the wall?

pruiz

Postby pruiz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:30 am

pruiz wrote:
sigstan wrote:

Firewall disabled. Only one instance running. Now I can open some Daz 'scenes' and all items show up in Realty sometimes but not all the time. If I add items in Daz they do not show in Reality materials. This is inconsistent. I wonder if there are file around from my previous duplicate Daz Studio ( I have 4.9 public build and the other one I deleted was a previous version. I deleted that with Daz Studio manager. I saw somewhere that one should delete all registry entries? Would that effect things in this inconsistent way?

Sigistan, I don't know if you can decipher anything from the error logs but just in case here they are from the last couple of attempts. I really do not understand what is causing this.
Attachments
log.txt
(23.04 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
1log.txt
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 3 times

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:55 pm

pruiz wrote:Sigstan, I don't know if you can decipher anything from the error logs but just in case here they are from the last couple of attempts. I really do not understand what is causing this.

No idea about the Dynamic hair issue. I don't use that stuff.

Looking at your logs it seems you have multiple issues with your content database, since it is reporting DB errors all over the place like this:
2017-03-21 07:40:19.788 db fetchByFindFields error: Unknown prepared statement 'tblContent->find'
2017-03-21 07:40:19.881 WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(3337): Empty relativePath passed to DzContentMgr::getAbsolutePath()

There is also an issue with nested Content directories, which can mess up content paths:
2017-03-21 07:33:15.854 WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(1453): Nested directory encountered while adding a content folder: C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library : C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio
2017-03-21 07:33:15.885 WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(1453): Nested directory encountered while adding a content folder: C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library : C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D
2017-03-21 07:33:15.885 WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(1453): Nested directory encountered while adding a content folder: C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio : C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D

You can try to some help for these issues over at the official DAZ forum. They will probably want to see your log-file.

Depending on how much content is involved, I would probably consider a clean-up and re-install of DAZ DS from scratch, but since I know how much work that can be, it might not be a solution for you.

Regarding content please be aware that the DAZ Connect content will not work with Reality. You will need to do download your content via DIM and do the one-time authentication for offline use (How do I install Daz Connect products using Offline Packages?):
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/990392/
/Sigstan

pruiz

Postby pruiz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Thank you Sigstan - I suspected I have a messed up content library - I'll probably just a clean reinstall of Daz Studio and figure out how to clean up the content. it's a stupid nit but the little red reality logo disappeared from the 'reality render editor' tab in daz 4.9 - should that be or is it an indication of a messed up reality install? Thanks again for your help.

Return to “Troubleshooting”