Object missing on render

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
FelinaLain

Object missing on render

Postby FelinaLain » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:06 pm

Hello, me again with another small problem

I'm trying to use a beard prop with genesis, I duplicated it because I wanted to combine two of the possible type of beards offered by the item
But when I render with Reality, one of the two just *poof* vanishes.
If I turn one off, the other comes back. And vice versa. And when both are on, it's the top one (in hierarchy) that wins.

The only difference between the two items is the opacity map (which is what changes the beard pattern)
Is this a case of reality considering them one and the same item and thus taking only one in account? Or something else?
(I'm really confused because I duplicated other items in my scene, and they all appear just fine, but then they all have full identical opacity maps)
And whichever it is, how can I make it work right?

Rivaliant

Re: Object missing on render

Postby Rivaliant » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:38 am

Yea i have noticed this too

Reality gets kinda confused when you Duplicate items from the edit menu

its normally best to just drop in a whole new prop so it can assign it a new scene number (or something to that effect)

other wise you can try renaming the items in the scene tabs, however i'm not sure if that midgates the problem or makes it worse

FelinaLain

Re: Object missing on render

Postby FelinaLain » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Rivaliant wrote:Yea i have noticed this too

Reality gets kinda confused when you Duplicate items from the edit menu

its normally best to just drop in a whole new prop so it can assign it a new scene number (or something to that effect)

other wise you can try renaming the items in the scene tabs, however i'm not sure if that midgates the problem or makes it worse

Okay, less dup and more add then XD

renaming didn't seems to work for the dup, it didn't made it any worse either, just didn't change anything

Return to “Troubleshooting”