Can't apply texture

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
thefett

Can't apply texture

Postby thefett » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to create some objects - made them in tinkercad, saved as obj, loaded into Daz, applied a texture in Reality...
everything looks normal in the preview texture pane, but as soon as I render the object becomes a solid colour instead of the texture.
I've tried varying import settings, texture settings, converting the model to other formats, etc... no luck so far. The same textures work fine on native DAZ models. What do I need to do to import and object so that the textures applied, which show up in Reality's render preview, actually show up in Luxrender.

Mac 10.15.7
Daz 4.12.1.118 pro
Reality 4.3.1.16203
Lux 1.6.0

(still unable to load pics of render settings - get status: "Error parsing server response")

Marcel2586

Re: Can't apply texture

Postby Marcel2586 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:31 am

Did you unwrap the UV's of your model? You need a 3D program for it, like Blender.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9p9dYc ... GJwr8p7PB4
this would be funny if it weren't happening to me :shock:

thefett

Postby thefett » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:33 pm

No, I'm new to it. Thanks for the link! I've got some learning to do...

thefett

Postby thefett » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:21 pm

Got it working on simpler objects!
On a complex one ( >10k seams to mark (smoothed mesh), so can't do them manually), I tried grabbing the lot with a window but it only grabs seams from one side of the model, and even that, not fully (lots of holes). Resulting texture covers nearly fully, but is scattered all over the place.
Is there a better way to unwrap those? Anyone have experience with an automated UV unwrapper like UnWrap, UVMapper, but that works on a Mac?

Return to “Troubleshooting”