OpenCL Error 2

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
horse0291

OpenCL Error 2

Postby horse0291 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Has anyone else encountered reality 4 not recognizing all of the opencl devices in a computer, it recognizes my processor and gtx 1080 graphics card but it is not recognizing the integrated chipset which is an opencl device. I don't want to use it but since reality doesn't see the device but lux does it wont render in the opencl mode.

TransformerMan

Re: OpenCL Error 2

Postby TransformerMan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:01 pm

Other people have encountered it. (Not me, though.)

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=893
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1003

I believe sigstan is correct - this can only be solved by an updated version of Reality. (I'm hoping we'll get one, but I'm starting to feel pessimistic..)

Possibly, you can just let Reality write the Lux files and then edit the LXS file manually before loading it into LuxRender to render. I coudn't tell you exactly what the edit would be, unfortunately.

horse0291

Postby horse0291 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:56 pm

Ah, okay thank you. I have found a thread that talks about how to edit it but when I do that it just crashes the scene.

fuzzy70

Postby fuzzy70 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:59 am

TransformerMan wrote:Other people have encountered it. (Not me, though.)
this can only be solved by an updated version of Reality. (I'm hoping we'll get one, but I'm starting to feel pessimistic..)

Personally I cannot see an update happening to Reality, until a final/stable version of Lux is released. As a former developer myself I know that personally I wouldn't update my software for something that is no longer available or supported. What current bugs/issues are in Reality I cannot say as they have not cropped up in my renders so I am unable to comment on those other than are some of them actually Reality issues or problems with Lux itself.

If they are indeed Reality ones then it is a hard choice for Paolo, on one hand fix issues for something that is now obsolete or on the other concentrate on supporting the new version as and when it becomes a stable release. I know what I would do personally but I am not the author of Reality & it's not my call, however I would support whatever route Paolo decides to follow.

Of course these are my just my views on the subject.

Regards

Lee
Windows 10 x64, Daz Studio 4.9 x64, Poser Pro 11 & whatever the current version of Reality is :lol:

Return to “Troubleshooting”