Cannot change filename

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
Fram1963

Re: Cannot change filename

Postby Fram1963 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Lyne
:D

Kelderek

Postby Kelderek » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:16 pm

Gederix

Postby Gederix » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Maybe try creating a secondary user account on your machine and doing a daz/reality install there, see if issue persists.

Kelderek

Postby Kelderek » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:32 pm

I installed an old version, Reality 4.1.1 and it works good. No problem with that one!

The problem appears to be with Reality 4.3 only.

Is there a possibility to get the install files for Reality 4.2?
I had no problem with that release and I really want to test if it still works.

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:34 am

Hi guys, I'm back here just to give an advice and I see that others have had my problem...
Well, my original problem wasn' t resolved, until the fresh installation of the new version (4.3.1.16203): before this I was manually editing all my lxs/lxi file in order to put in queue several renders, but then the problem simply was gone.
Incredible, but I didn't say nothing for good luck....

And then, a few days ago the problem went back. :(

But now, the problem is still gone, I have all my default settings in the reality window!
What happened?

For what I can see, all depends on the damn Nvidia driver: I realized that the only event I could remember before the problem showed again was the update to Nvidia Geforce Experience ver.3.
I rolled back to the previous driver without luck, then, just now, I reinstalled the ver.3 with the last driver and reality is working again the right way.
No messing with the registry, no reinstallation of R.plugin, just the Nvidia driver.

I remember something related to Nvidia drivers that replace some Windows default files and this can lead to our problem, for the moment I can confirm that the only action taken was this.

In conclusion, if you have this problem give a look also to Nvidia drivers, rolling them back or updating them.

Marcel2586

Postby Marcel2586 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:03 am

Glad you solved the problem.

I know that the Raptr program from AMD can give problems with 3D programs (crashes). Advise, uninstall the Raptr program.
Quote, On computers with an AMD GPU, there is a software named Rptr (or Plays.tv) which is installed by default with the GPU drivers. This software can create instabilities. It is recommended to uninstall it. Unquote.
this would be funny if it weren't happening to me :shock:

Fram1963

Postby Fram1963 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:23 pm

You don't need Nvidia Geforce Experience... it's optional at install time... unless you want to automatically optimizes settings for your games or stream to the Nvidia Shield, there is no need to use it. It chews up memory for nothing really and I'm an avid gamer and never add the need to use it. The less the better!

Cheers,
Lyne
:D

Jan_bee

Postby Jan_bee » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:32 am

I'm glad that you solved it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  |  |   

Return to “Troubleshooting”