Cannot change filename

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
pciccone
Site Admin

Re: Cannot change filename

Postby pciccone » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:33 am

Hi.
I don't know what to say, I just tried it and everything works as expected. We have tested Reality 4.3 for months with about 40 testers and something like this would have come out, if it was a bug. I just retested it and Reality/Lux render the scenes that are specified in the file name. There is something else at work in your case, but I don't know what that is.
--
Paolo

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:04 am

Ok resolved, definitely something get messed in my registry.
I deleted all the Reality and Luxrender folders and manually deleted ALL the registry entries for "reality" and "luxrender".
I cleaned the registry with CCleaner and rebooted.
Reinstalled Reality inserting my data and... BINGO!

Thank you

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:14 am

I'm glad that you solved it.

Thank you for letting us know.
--
Paolo

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:56 pm

AGAIN.
I' m very annoyed of this damned behaviour...
I explain the situation: after the clean up I mentioned, I started a new scene from scratch, with a background, mesh lights and camera.
I saved it with the name "Studio".
Then I added my character and saved the scene with another name.
Started the reality plugin and choosen the render name in Output: all ok, when I started the rendering I got the right folders and files.
Since I have to use the same scene, lights and camera settings for many other characters, I reloaded the first empty scene ("Studio") and repeated the actions, adding the new character, saving the scene with another name and so on.

I done 4 renders with this workflow (today I put them in queue starting Luxrender only with a timeout of 1.30h for each, all correct).

Well, tonight I made a F****G mistake: I forgot to save the last scene with a different name, so the original scene "Studio" has been overwritten with the last settings of Reality (let's say "e:\dati\rendertemp\4.png").
From then on every scene will be saved as "4.png" !!!!
And I mean EVERY scene, even if I start a brand new one, with completely different objects!

I restarted DAZ Studio, cleaned all of the temp files and registry with CCleaner with no success!

SO, I have only a question: where Reality keeps the configuration for its folders? How can I delete them?
I can't really understand how is possible it doesn't use the path I set, what' s the relation between the saved scene and Reality path settings?
I give a clue, when the behaviour was correct, starting Reality I could see straight the path for the PNG in the Output panel, now is always blank.

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:33 am

I tried to save my scene and select "Export only" in Reality, so I have the resource, .lxi and .lxs files in the target folder (obviously with the wrong name).
Then I edited the .lxi and .lxs files with Notepad++ and searched for the wrong name, as I supposed there were a lot.
Replacing these names with the correct ones I can start Luxrender standalone and obtain the correct image names.

So this is definitely an issue of Reality that cannot read, overwrite or whatelse the name settled in the Output panel.
Please help me.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:18 am

Hi.
There is no configuration saved for folders. Each scene is saved together with the Studio data. If you create a scene in Studio called test.duf, then all the Reality settings for that scene are kept there. You can change the name of the output file in Reality to whatever you want. I tested this with the latest build and it works.
Can anybody else try to reporduce the issue posted here?

Other settings are kept in the Registry but there is nothing about the scene file name. All that is kept in the registry are the defaults from the Advnaced tab, the location of the Relaity executable, the position of the Reality window and things like that.
--
Paolo

Marcel2586

Postby Marcel2586 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:56 am

are there any Reality and Luxrender files and directory's stored in your document directory?
I had a problem a few months ago with changing textures to a scene, every time it was rendering with old textures and not with the new ones.
I deleted all the files and directory's, related with my scene in documents and the problem was solved. It is not the same problem as yours, but maybe it could help. I keep my fingers crossed.
this would be funny if it weren't happening to me :shock:

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:34 am

Thank you for your reply, I checked the documents folder but there are no files related to Daz, Reality or Luxrender.
What I' m focusing now is why in the .lxi .lxs files there are recalls to the wrong file name, it' s like if during the export process to these files something get wrong so it keeps the original name used for the first render.
Anyway I can't understand why if I start a completely new scene, Reality still has that name saved as default.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:14 pm

> Anyway I can't understand why if I start a completely new scene, Reality still has that name saved as default.
What do you mean by this? The default name is reality_scene.png. That is the name used in any scene until you change it.
--
Paolo

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:43 pm

Yes, this added strangeness of the strange.
After the fatal last wrong save, I cleaned the registry and I tried to create a new scene (the pc was rebooted BTW): the default scene was the correct "reality_scene" (note: opening Reality plugin in DAZ I could see the path in the output field).
I cleaned the registry again with Regcleaner (because I have even problem with the default regedit search in Win10, as many others, it crashes during long searches) removing all of the keys with the wrong name; After this I can't even have the default png name, Reality just open with the Output field blank and export every render with the wrong one beyond what I set.

I know that is simplier pointing to my system or mess with programs and registry but believe me, I' m very accurate in organize my PC and folders, I made a new OS installation within a month.

Return to “Troubleshooting”