keep getting asked to register Reality

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
david2169

keep getting asked to register Reality

Postby david2169 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:08 am

I have had Reality for ages, since version 2. So am baffled by suddenly being asked to register the product when i call it up in Daz studio. First couple of times I did register it again, but still was asked to register.
Eventually I removed the application and installed it again, then went through the registration process again and still could not get past the initial step of being asked to register when I called up reality from Daz.
Now I am considering removing Daz and installing that again because I can't seem to move forward on this, any advice would be helpful..
Daz Studio version 4.9.2.70 pro edition

Machine info.
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B29
SMC Version (system): 1.72f2

Hope thats enough information...
Regards
David :?:

pciccone
Site Admin

Re: keep getting asked to register Reality

Postby pciccone » Fri May 26, 2017 11:19 am

Hi.
Please contact me via email at reality at preta3d dot com and send me a screenshot of the registration window with your data in it and a screenshot of the error message that appears, if any.

I will take care of it.

Thank you.
--
Paolo

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Fri May 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Hi
Sorry, but I had to delete the post because it showed the license data. When you do that you give everybody the ability to pirate my software and register like you.
Please send me the information via email.

Thank you.
--
Paolo

david2169

Postby david2169 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:49 am

No pressure just asking if you have received my e mail with the info you asked for?

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Sat May 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Yes, I have replied this morning.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

david2169

Postby david2169 » Sun May 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Its been some time now that I have been unable to use reality. Can you say if it might help to re install Daz Studio. Seems to me the problem is possibly not with Reality because the registration process works in that I get confirmation that is has been done from Reality, but Daz does not seem to recognise this.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Sun May 28, 2017 5:29 pm

I don't have a good answer to this, I never saw this behavior. It seems that there is something preventing Reality writing to the registry. Some AV programs do that. Make sure that no resaytrictions are posed on Reality. It must be completely unrestricted by AV & Firewall programs. It must be able to write to the Registry and anywhere on the hard disk, according to access rights, of course, and it must be able to make inbound and outbound Internet connections.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

david2169

Postby david2169 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:38 pm

At a loss myself though I often am. Thing is this happened without any warning, just tried to call reality as usual and the behaviour I described beat and has continued. Looks like I need to re load stuff as a first step, I will let you know what happens..
Thanks

david2169

Postby david2169 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:16 am

Well I have reloaded Daz and Reality both and the problem remains. My next thought is to try setting up a new user account on my machine and loading Daz and Reality there. see what happens...

david2169

Postby david2169 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:34 pm

I am still unable to use Reality because I can't get past the registration screen. I have mentioned this in the last post and the situation remains the same. Since then I have tried everything I can think of including re instilling the operating system and new versions of both Daz studio and Reality.
One thing does occur to me though. Once upon a time you had to remember peoples phone numbers, now though you just add them to the phones address book. There are probably things like that everyone does kind of without thinking. like registering something like the Reality application. You do it rarely and the exact process is automatic and obvious, you do it without thinking, So just in case I am doing something wrong could someone go through the whole process for me. Not the actual act of filling the form in online, that I can manage and I know it is correct, what I mean is once its all filled in, what then?
Do you dismiss the form or do something else with it or simply leave it onscreen and call up Reality.
Its ludicrous but I am getting on a bit and just maybe I am doing something wrong or not doing something. who knows.
Help an old timer out here please... :|

Return to “Troubleshooting”