keep getting asked to register Reality

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
sigstan

Re: keep getting asked to register Reality

Postby sigstan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:11 pm

So I see you are a Mac user and since the Reality Mac OS installation currently is a mess, it might not be that easy. So which MacOs version and do you follow any of the procedures mentioned here:

Note I'm not a Mac user, so will not be of much help, but the information might help others that wants to offer their advice.
/Sigstan

david2169

Postby david2169 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Thanks for the help, I am running OS X 10.11 El Capitan mainly because I experienced so many issues with Sierra that I ditched it a retro installed El Capitan. Therefore I have not actually tried the procedure you link to because, well because it didn't occur to me. I am so desperate that I am going to give that a try, whats to lose? I will report my progress or lack thereof...

david2169

Postby david2169 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Well I was not sure that would work and sorry to say it didn't, still nothing lost, thanks for that sigstan

david2169

Postby david2169 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:08 am

Over the past week or so I have tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue I have encountered with Reality. I have performed a clean install of the Apple operating system El Capitan leaving me with a pristine computer, well as much as it can be I suppose.
I then installed a new up to date version of Daz studio,
version 4.9.3.166 and a new version of Reality 4 for OSX 64 bit.
I still experience the same problem. That is that I am asked to register the product, which I do, and when I try to open Reality I am again, and continually prompted to register.
The registration request appears, I fill in all the details, and click on automatic, and all that happens is that the automatic box goes from blue to white. The registration request stays on screen. It seems as though the prices has failed, but I always get a confirmation from Reality that the registration has succeeded.
So as of now Reality is installed properly on my machine, the connection to Lux is okay, but I seem to be stuck in this loop.
Having been informed by Paolo that the only explanation he could think of was that maybe an AV programme was causing this, I checked to ensure that there was no such programme on my machine. I then contacted Apple support, and went though a process of clearing the cache and so on, and running a system scan to ensure nothing was hidden that might cause this situation.
The result came back clean in all respects.
The thing is where do I go now. I have a great deal of respect for Reality, in fact being unable to use it is like having an arm removed. I really need help, I mean I would actually buy Reality again if I could be sure that the problem would not occur again, but of course I cannot be sure.
Reality is a terrific resource, but not for me any longer it would seem. Unless a solution can be worked out by better heads than mine.
Please tell me, once the registration is completed, should the window vanish from the screen, because if it should, than that may be a clue to what is going wrong, Because once I complete it and press automatic, it stays right where it is.
Please help if you can...

Gederix

Postby Gederix » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:31 am

Try the manual method, automatic reg has never worked for me.
Manual works fine every time.

david2169

Postby david2169 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:45 pm

After all this time and all the angst that actually worked. I cannot thank you enough, well obviously I can, so many, many thanks to you for this tip which really should be noted for the future reference of other people.
Thank you once again....

Gederix

Postby Gederix » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Happy to help!

Return to “Troubleshooting”