Rendering error

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
Tisket2

Rendering error

Postby Tisket2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:04 pm

I have posted about this problem on the DAZ Technical help forum to no avail. I have created a help ticket over there but have heard nothing so far. I have spent most of the day trying to get DAZ Studio version of Reality 4.3 to install and render. I have it installed correctly (I think) but I get an error I've never seen when I attempt to render using the Reality plugin. If it matters, my DAZ order number was 104537148.

I'm going to try and attach the screenshot of the error but, if it fails to attach, I posted it over at DAZ, in the Technical Issues part of the forum.

I know how amazing the product is and I just want to use it. Any advice would be appreciated.

[
Attachments
DAZ error.jpg

Tisket2

Re: Rendering error

Postby Tisket2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:32 am

I really wish I would get an answer from someone.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:42 am

Hi.
Can you please post the information described in the sticky post? Thanks.
--
Paolo

Tisket2

Postby Tisket2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Oops, sorry, I was tired and frustrated and didn't even see the sticky.

DAZ 4.9.4.117 (64-bit)

Reality 4.3.1.16203 for DAZ Studio (Win 64), order number 104537148. I purchased it in March 2017 but only trying to install it now.

Whatever version of LuxRender comes with the Reality download. I don't know how to check that.

I don't know what "GPU acceleration" is so i can't answer that.

I can't give you a screenshot of the render because I get the error that I attached to the original post when I click the button to render.

My OS is: Win 10 Home, Version 1703, OS build 15063.447, 64-bit operating system,x64 based processor.

I included the content in the attached screenshot but I've tried it with other items in the scene and I still get that error message.
Last edited by Tisket2 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tisket2

Postby Tisket2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:11 pm

I got this email response for the support ticket I started at the DAZ site:

That looks like an error in the plugin, or a script associated with the plugin. I'm guessing the author of the plugin is attempting to subscribe to an event in the API and did something wrong. We don't provide technical support for 3rd party plugins like Reality. You'll need to contact the vendor of the plugin Pret-A-3D. You can contact them here:
http://preta3d.com/support

Tisket2

Postby Tisket2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:23 pm

Also, do I need to register this version here? I thought because I purchased it through the DAZ store that I did not have to register it like earlier versions of Reality.

Tisket2

Postby Tisket2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:55 pm

Just my luck that I'd have an issue put me at a standstill on a weekend...

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:55 am

Hi.
Sorry, but I don't work on weekends :)

About the registration, DAZ is a distributor of our software, where you buy it doesn't change the requirement for the registration. If you have installed Reality you have registered it with us.

Let me try to understand where you are, because it's not entirely clear from the description. You said that you are trying to install Reality but at the same time you are showing screenshots of Studio. Have you ran the Reality installer?

About the error message that you showed, please describe the exact series of actions, starting from the blank DAZ Studio scene, that you perform. What I need is the varbatim list of menus options, buttons and Library items that you used.

Thank you.
--
Paolo

Tisket2

Postby Tisket2 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:16 am

I have an obligation this morning that will keep me away from the computer but, I will sit down this afternoon and try to explain more thoroughly. Thank you for responding. I was getting worried that I had a problem that couldn't be solved, lol.

Quickly though: I was able to install Reality, at least the props and lights showed in the DAZ Studio menu after I extracted the download. But when I choose the Reality render option from within DAZ Studio I get that error screen I attached to the original message. I will set up another scene from from the blank DAZ Studio scene and post the sequence when I get home.

Thanks

Tisket2

Postby Tisket2 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:47 am

Okay, here are the steps I tried to no avail:

1. Opened DAZ Studio

2. I chose to connect with my DAZ Studio account but I've also tried running the Reality plugin offline as well. I don't know if that matters but mentioning it anyway. I get the same error either way.

3. For this attempt I loaded the base Genesis 3 male without clothing or anything else in the scene.

4. I created a camera and left it with default settings.

5. I am attaching a number of screen shots with different Reality lights in the scene as well as one with the Reality Start Scene preset.

As soon as I click the Reality Render button in the DAZ menu (shown in the first screen shot) I get the error message.

I've got almost all the items you've sold and they all work flawlessly so I know it's something I'm doing or failing to do but I can't figure out what that might be. I do have an earlier version of Reality installed but I don't know if that's an issue or not.

Anyway, even if we don't get this particular problem worked out, I'll still be a customer of your products because they are the bomb. I've got a really old computer that's pretty much on it's last legs so might have to move on buying a new one sooner than I planned. Reality renders are worth it.

Screenshots uploaded to Imgur since you have pixel limitations for uploads:

http://i.imgur.com/CeJUI8Y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6WI1MBi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2J6o5OH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0Epov7L.jpg

Return to “Troubleshooting”