All presets have vanished

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
david2169

All presets have vanished

Postby david2169 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:48 am

For no apparent reason all the presets have vanished. I am assuming that removing and the installing Reality again will solve this problem. it has in the past. However this has happened before and its really annoying because the auto presets that I created during the course of using Reality have gone for good.I was using the last version of Reality that I installed the last time there was an update, so its current but not sure what the version number is.
The version of DS is 4.10.0.107 and my machine stats are as follows...
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.004D.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.72f2
Serial Number (system):
Hardware UUID: DF484AB5-A3C5-55FF-82F1-46332E33E148
Your advice would be appreciated

sigstan

Re: All presets have vanished

Postby sigstan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:45 pm

This should only ever happen in a situation where an installation of Reality was not completed for some reason.

If you are using Windows you can check directory C:\Users\<your user>\Documents\Pret-a-3D\Reality. This is where the Reality presets are stored.

Every time you perform a Reality installation a backup should have been made (filename contains date stamp). The current one is always named ACSEL.db. You can basically copy or rename any of the back up files to ACSEL.db and after a restart of DS/Reality you check if your presets have been restored.

Hope this helps.
/Sigstan

Return to “Troubleshooting”