Reality materials not showing up on a saved project

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
Shinteo

Reality materials not showing up on a saved project

Postby Shinteo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:18 pm

So, I was working on a project and saved it when I was halfway done. When I re-open the project the next day and resume working on it, none of the new props I added is registering with reality.

Example, the dragon_fireball prop. I have 3 copies of it in Daz3d, but only 1 is visible in the reality tab.

Using
Daz version 4 10.0.107
Reality 4.3.1.16203
Attachments
Capture.PNG

sigstan

Re: Reality materials not showing up on a saved project

Postby sigstan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Strange.
Anyway you can perform a delete followed by ctrl-z on each of them and they should appear in Reality. Any previous Reality material changes will be lost however (basically a total reset of the object).
/Sigstan

Rivaliant

Postby Rivaliant » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:30 pm

This has been an ongoing problem for my self for years now

there are workarounds for this

First save the scene as a Scene Subset under the Save As drop menu in File
( File - Save As - Scene Subset )

its going to save it into a folder named Scene SubSet, name it something you'll remember.

its then going to open a dialog window with All the items in your scene, right click in the window and Uncheck All

then you're going to recheck all the items at are missing from the Material list in Reality and save
(note: any items that are patented will save the parent as well, you will need to delete these later)

save the scene you are working in as a normal scene file and close Daz compleatly

reopen Daz and now go into the Scene subset folder in your menu and open the items subscene

what this will do will reset Reality's view of that as an entirely new Scene and will add it to Material list like normal.
again unparent any items and delete the parent and grouped items you Don't need

you're then going to go to your Scenes folder and on the main scene, Right click and
Merge into Scene

This well merge the full scene into the current Reality material list which will have the missing items.
In the Scene tab, and of the repeat items that are marked with (2) can be deleted safely.

This will also reset the Output and Scene Configuration tabs
as well as your selection of IBL and uncheck any Mesh lights set as Alpha Channel. So make sure you establish those selections

all your other settings such as material and lights from the full scene will be the same.

Shinteo

Postby Shinteo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:25 am

Yeah, That seems to be the only workaround. Somewhat irritating.

Rivaliant

Postby Rivaliant » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:33 am

I'm kinda mixed

I love how Reality 4 updates from Daz a lot more fluidity when and if the materials are present in the Materials tab

But i still honestly liked how presets where saved and loaded though Reality 2, how the materials tab was loaded in
(if it wasn't visible, it wasn't in the materials tab) how you can start by material Name to set all similar objs in a scene at once

I don't know if it had to work in this way to keep Reality updating with out having to lock you into the secondary window like Reality 2 did

but Id rather do things they way Reality 2 did if it means Not breaking scene files with missing materials and objects and having to clutter my runtime with scene subset files of random objects because the scene file brakes where i can't update Reality 4 with last minute additions
or having to Restart an entire project scene because of this One issue.

Return to “Troubleshooting”