Reality makes Daz crash

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
jord

Reality makes Daz crash

Postby jord » Tue May 01, 2018 7:16 am

Greeting,
I bought the Reality plugin a few weeks ago through daz3d.com. I gave it a try yesterday and once I installed it, Daz stopped working. I cannot open Daz at all. As you can see in the image Reality is detecting the 64 bits Daz and I have the 64 bits Reality plugin. Then the plugin is installing and everything seems ok. Then I try to open Daz and this error message is coming up. I uninstalled and reinstalled both Daz and the software a few times and it still doesn't work. Can you help me please?

Best regards
Jord

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

Windows 10 home version 1709
Daz studio 4.10.0.123
Reality 4.3.1.16203

jord

Re: Reality makes Daz crash

Postby jord » Tue May 01, 2018 7:32 am

Sometimes the files mentioned in the error box is the daz executable (.exe) file too. Not always the same files.

05.jpg

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Tue May 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi.

There is nothing in the crash reports that you posted that is pointing to Reality. So, is it possible that the crash is related to something else?

In any case, please make sure that Windows is not blocking Reality and DAZ Studio in any way. In order for things to work both Studio and Reality must have unrestricted inboud and outbound Internet access. Both programs, let me be super clear about this. AV and firewals often have blocks by default. Those need to be removed.

Hope this helps.
--
Paolo

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Tue May 01, 2018 7:19 pm

A number of people on the Daz3d commons forum are reporting an unusual number of crashes with the latest version of Daz Studio. Seems like it has different causes for different users. May have nothing to do with Reality. For example, so users have trouble when ever they use HDRI lights.
Hopefully a bug fix will take care of it in the next update.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Tue May 01, 2018 11:25 pm

Thank you for the report Greymom. As I mentioned, if there was an issue with Reality, the crash report would list one of the modules used by my plugin. But there seems to be no trace of it.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

jord

Postby jord » Wed May 02, 2018 3:24 am

I did about 3 hard disk format in the last 2 days trying to make it work, so I don't think it is a problem with Windows. Probably not a problem with Realitly itself. It can be possible that the problem comes from the most recent version of Daz because I had a similar bug a few weeks ago when Windows installed one of its update. I did a disk format and everything was fine after. But it didn't work this time. So I'll try to post something on the Daz forum. Hopefully, someone could help me there. Thanks for your help guys. Hope to be able to talk to you about your pluggin really soon pciccone. Have a nice day.

Jord

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Fri May 04, 2018 10:16 am

One of the problems with Daz Studio appears to be a recent NVIDIA driver update. NVIDIA is preparing a new version, since many people have reported problems in general with this update. Some folks have reported that rolling back the driver to the earlier version has helped.

jord

Postby jord » Sat May 05, 2018 1:53 pm

I sent the error log file to Daz and I'm waiting for an answer. As soon as I'll have it I'll post the results here to let you know.

jord

Postby jord » Thu May 24, 2018 2:02 am

Unfortunately, Daz 3d tech support sent me back at you for finding a solution. The fact that everything works fine when your plugin is not installed probably. After 3 weeks of trying different things with them, they told me to check this with you. But after looking at the log file, at one place you can find this:

2018-05-15 09:04:05.187 C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\Reality\Reality_DS64.dll failed to load. Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\Reality\Reality_DS64.dll: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

I checked if the .dll file was there and it was. Can it be a problem with this file? Do you want me to send you my log file?

KrollMoll

Postby KrollMoll » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:43 am

Hi Guys,

Same issue for me since a couple of days.
Daz Studio crash when starting after displayng "Power Pose tool loaded".
If I rename the file Reality_DS64.dll DAZ plugin directory with any other extension DAZ start normally...

Please help.

Return to “Troubleshooting”