Reality 5 wishlist

Your opinion counts. Here we ask about your opinion and you have the opportunity to voice it.
MustangMike

Re: Reality 5 wishlist

Postby MustangMike » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:45 pm

I would like to see a Translucency channel. I currently use the Top Coat channel to inject Translucency but it seems to me it should be in the Diffuse area somewhere. It would make it really easy to add blood vessels and other subcutaneous effects to the diffuse texture.

Thanks

jbirchett

Postby jbirchett » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:39 pm

It may be too late for this, but a feature I'd really like to see is a saved list of luxrender slaves. I have 2 up permanently and one on-demand - two local and one in azure, so every time I render, I manually add the slaves, trying to beat the luxrender GUI before it temporarily becomes unresponsive. I would rather define the IP or FQDN in a table in Reality and have an enable/disable checkbox for each server. When I click Render Frame, Reality would call luxrender with -u <slave ip or dns> for each defined and enabled slave.

bc1235

Postby bc1235 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Some models don't necessarly have materials set up correctly for Reality/Lux e.g., Cornea on Genesis 8 has a film over it to support reflection in Iray but it causes a white film over the eyes in Lux. Sometimes clothing and hair colors don't carry through to lux. Those can be manually addressed in Reality but very often we reuse models and have to repeat these changes. Now I'm relatively new to Reality so if there is a better way of doing this than manually let me know. If not I would love to see the ability to do scripting so it can be applied consistantly anytime we use a the same model. I'm sure there are other uses for scripts but I cant think of any right now. Maybe others have some ideas or perhaps know a better way to address the problem

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:10 am

bc1235 wrote:Some models don't necessarly have materials set up correctly for Reality/Lux e.g., Cornea on Genesis 8 has a film over it to support reflection in Iray but it causes a white film over the eyes in Lux. Sometimes clothing and hair colors don't carry through to lux. Those can be manually addressed in Reality but very often we reuse models and have to repeat these changes. Now I'm relatively new to Reality so if there is a better way of doing this than manually let me know. If not I would love to see the ability to do scripting so it can be applied consistantly anytime we use a the same model. I'm sure there are other uses for scripts but I cant think of any right now. Maybe others have some ideas or perhaps know a better way to address the problem

Well, that ability is already available in Reality in the form of automatic presets. You can read all about it in the Reality User Guide chapter 9 Material presets.

It is not a perfect system, but it allows you to build a library of tweaked presets for the components you most often use in your scenes, which eventually will speed up your workflow immensely.
/Sigstan

Return to “Audience Participation”