Poll: Select your favorite Victoria

Your opinion counts. Here we ask about your opinion and you have the opportunity to voice it.

Which one of these figures you use more frequently (pick two)

Victoria 4
39%
Victoria 5
2%
Victoria 6
28%
Victoria 7
32%

Total votes: 57

pciccone
Site Admin

Poll: Select your favorite Victoria

Postby pciccone » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:09 am

Victoria is one of the most iconic characters in the Poser/Studio-verse. Tell us the top two that you prefer.
--
Paolo

Kimberly58

Re: Poll: Select your favorite Victoria

Postby Kimberly58 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:43 pm

I have to say V4 is my favorite, however, V7 is slowly creeping up on her.

banditcameraman

Postby banditcameraman » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:04 pm

I used V4 for quite a bit and moved over to V6 because of HD and plug-ins that allow the use of V4 skins. My original characters now tend to be V6/G2F with V4 skins ;)

Gederix

Postby Gederix » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:02 pm

V7. V6 just because we had to pick 2. 5 and 4 are before my time.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:36 pm

Gederix, V4 is still available from DAZ and it has a truckload of content. You should consider it because your missing out on a lot of options with it. Just a friendly suggestion.
--
Paolo

fuzzy70

Postby fuzzy70 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:50 pm

I see V5 is popular ;).

In all honesty the concept behind the Genesis range having the male & female the same base was quite forward thinking. I wouldn't say it failed as such as it made making hybrid alien/non humanoid chars very quick & easy, but normal humans, while some of them where indeed very good, where not as great as a dedicated gender mesh.

Regards

Lee
Windows 10 x64, Daz Studio 4.9 x64, Poser Pro 11 & whatever the current version of Reality is :lol:

Nathanomir

Postby Nathanomir » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:43 am

I'm a confirmed V6 fan.

Too many recurring custom morphed characters in V4 caused me to bypass V5 completely. I switched to V6 solely out of the desire to make my own clothing, and the tutorials were for V6. After working with V6, the much more rounded human look appealed to me. Can't say I'm fond of the mesh of V7. It doesn't follow the natural topography of the human body, and appears more designed for game developers who don't need the detail of still artists. But that's me. More than that, I just ain't going to recreate 20 custom morphed recurring characters again. Lazy, you know.

In V7's defense, the layout of the texture maps makes too much sense. Why didn't someone think of that back in 2008? It never made any sense to attach the ears to the torso. Mine aren't. And splitting the arms and legs opens up some interesting possibilities.

Banditcameraman, sneaky man that he is, got me addicted to using V4 textures on V6. I'm up to 16 now, and just started another. Hose me down now!
Sometimes, my wife wakes up grumpy. Sometimes, she lets me sleep.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:57 am

We are getting some interesting results and opinions. Thank you. Keep them coming!
--
Paolo

banditcameraman

Postby banditcameraman » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:00 am

Poor Vicky 5 don't get no love :cry:

She still holds up pretty well: this character was created as a Paladin shieldmaiden then repurposed as Athena in a render with Wonder Woman, back in the R2.5 days. Rendered her in R4 using the recipes from the tips forum in the old site for skin and hair. Huge props to nathanomir 8-)

banditcameraman

Postby banditcameraman » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:47 am

A look at Victoria's evolution, starting with Vicky 4.2. Decided to use Danae's Dublin as representative of the generation because using the base figure would have been just too sad when compared to the base figures of succeeding generations.

While there are incremental improvements between V4.2 and V5 (which may explain why she wasn't widely embraced) there is a huge jump in quality when it comes to V6, possibly because of HD as represented here. And V7 has even more detail which is noticeable in the hands and feet:

Full size here

Return to “Audience Participation”