Reality 5 wishlist

Your opinion counts. Here we ask about your opinion and you have the opportunity to voice it.
tripleslash

Reality 5 wishlist

Postby tripleslash » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi Paulo

I hope you are finding yourself settled in after the moving!

I've compiled a wish list of features I think would help move Reality forward and make it more interesting for professional animators. you might see some "old timer" requests among the list but there should be some new ones too.

Random Opencl Seed
when rendering animations the noise pattern is stuck in the same position for each frame, is it possible to pass a new seed to the sampler so that each frame gets a different noise pattern? I think this could be implemented quite easily by simply using the framenumber as seed!

Support the Movie Node.
videos of Fire, water, tv-screens and smoke looks very cool when projected onto a primitive shape. Animations in Reality would benefit tremendously by adding support for animated textures.

Though luxrender itself does not support animated textures by itself, animated textures could still be employed by simply stripping the video clip featuring the texture frame by frame and using it like regular jpeg textures.

Imagine animated fire, lighting up a scene or animated sci fi displays lighting up a dark spaceship.

reality_scene_000000.png

imagine the fire in this test scene animated!

Stop Export Button
Paulo knows what I'm takling about, but when you export an animation from poser it's impossible to stop the export, trying to close the export window, the darn thing pops up like a zombie from a horror movie.

Search Box in the Material Window
his would be really nice when dealing with huge scenes. Some scenes are huge with hundreds of materials, in a interior scenen you could just type "chair" in the search box and you would be able to change all the chairs textures' without looking for each and every chair prop.

Ability to Copy Paste Custom values into the Exposure Control
Reality's exposures are quite strange instead of choosing fixed full stop shutter values like 1 , 1/2 , 1/4 ect. why not be able to type them in. i.e 0.23s
My cheap camera can shoot at 1/90s, so why can't Reality?

Ability to Choose lower f-stops than 1.4 in DOF control
Give me more bokeh please! I know a f0.70 lens is extremely expensive in real life, but this is computer graphics!

Ability to control Luxrender's lens effect settings from within Reality
This would be really nice when making animations. The bloom effect for example looks great when dealing with directly visible light sources.

Ability to use luxrender Panel Settings from Reality
you can save luxrender's panel settings to a file, why not be able to point to that file from Reality, that way you could tune a scene to the exact exposure + lens effects, save the panel settings and start rendering an animation using said settings.

Ability to Save the log Detail Level
Log Detail level dosn't remember settings from session to session. Ie. close down poser open it again and it is reset back to its default value warnings only. It would be nice if reality rememberd the settings. I, for example like to get all the info.

Shiny 3D Reality logo prop to be placed IN the scene.
like the luxball but with the 3D reality logo.

Save Scene before Exporting to Lux
Reality crashs quite a lot for me, but by far mostly when i press the "render frame" butten during the export phase. it would be nice if there was an option reality to tick off that made reality save the scene just before exporting to luxrender

Common Texture Resourses
If you choose texture collection and exports an animation of 500 frames Reality creates 500 folders with the exactly same texture collection. This eats up disk space and is not really useful since most textures dosen't change from frame to frame. -> except for animated textures which has yet to be supported. Therefor I think it would be smarter to just have One single collection of textures.

pciccone
Site Admin

Re: Reality 5 wishlist

Postby pciccone » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:44 am

Hi.
We are finding south Carolina fantastic, thank you very much.

This is quite a list and thank you very much for putting together. Several items are already in our to-do list, its good to see them here too.
About the "save scene" option, Reality already does that. Every time you make a change in your scene the change is saved. The place where it's saved is in the scene of the host. So, all Reality parameters, in your case, are saved in the Poser scene. Once you re-start Reality the parameters are re-read, even if you don't save the Poser scene. As long as Poser keeps running, and you don't start a new scene, then Reality will pick up from it left off.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

tripleslash

Postby tripleslash » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi Paulo
I'm glad you find the list useful.

"As long as Poser keeps running," .. That's the problem... Reality crashes the host program Poser 1 out of 4 times when I press the "render frame" button. it happens somewhere during the export phase. If there was an option to tick off so that Reality could auto save the poser scene, like a "ctrl s",as the first thing when the button is pressed, just before the export starts , it would save me a lot of frustration. I see from my post that i wasn't totally clear that it was Poser, not just Reality that crashes

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Well, in that case you should post in the troubleshooting section by providing all the details requested. That situation is not normal and it's likely to be caused by something that can be investigated and removed.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

tripleslash

Postby tripleslash » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 am

That makes sense! Anyhow I hope you take some of the other suggestions from the wish list into your considerations :-)

Cheers!

Marcel2586

Postby Marcel2586 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:48 pm

I would like to see Substance painter/designer integration for more power textures. Then we could build a big texture database with Physically Based textures
this would be funny if it weren't happening to me :shock:

owakulukem

Postby owakulukem » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:10 pm

Be cool if there was a Z-Depth button or checkbox added to Reason 5.

Nathanomir

Postby Nathanomir » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:55 pm

It would be awesome if Topcoat synced like the other textures.
Sometimes, my wife wakes up grumpy. Sometimes, she lets me sleep.

chrisclinejax

Postby chrisclinejax » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:44 am

ITS BEEN A WHILE
One feature that would be nice is to export material settings to a text file. would save on all the screenshots having to be posted

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:59 pm

Sorry for the delay, I hope to have an announcement soon. About your request, that is already in Reality. Select a material, press Cmd/Ctrl-C to copy, switch to a text editor, press Cmd/Ctrl-V and there is a textual representation of the material.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

Return to “Audience Participation”