Preset for Multiple Props

Here we discuss topics that are common for all versions of Reality, without distinction of platform or host
MustangMike

Preset for Multiple Props

Postby MustangMike » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:36 pm

I created a prop sofa with an ottoman and 7 pillows and have tweaked the settings in Reality to get it to render well. Is there anyway to save a preset for the entire group of props (with varying textures) into one preset for the entire prop set?

Thanks
Mike

sigstan

Re: Preset for Multiple Props

Postby sigstan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:15 am

Hi Mike

Reality's automatic presets are tied to individual objects (with one or many materials), so you cannot have an automatic preset covering multiple objects. But if you define an automatic preset in Reality for each prop and save the prop set in DS, then I would think you have accomplished your goal?
/Sigstan

MustangMike

Postby MustangMike » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:13 am

Thanks Niels, that's what I thought was the case but it was worth an ask. :)

The method you described is exactly how I ended up doing it.

On a different subject, do you think Paulo's interest in the Reality product is lessening? The Reality groups at Deviant Art, Facebook and even here on his website are pretty dead. Kim has even been long absent from the groups. I'm thinking that the product has reached about its maximum market penetration (sort of like Octane) and the profit potential for the Reality product has just about run its course.

Just my musings and observations.

Mike

Gederix

Postby Gederix » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:49 am

Unless theres some pressing problem being addressed I do not think we will see another reality version until lux gets an update.
I am hoping the people working on luxcore do eventually get it working properly because as of now I run into too many issues, Im still using luxrender classic (cpu no acceleration) as it just seems to handle anything and everything I throw at it. So I am not able to take advantage of the speed improvements touted in reality 4.x, which completely sucks. But I like what I am able to do with reality far better than what I see people doing with iray, plus the whole 'cant use the computer while rendering' thing...

MustangMike

Postby MustangMike » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:57 am

Very true. I use the Luxcore for tests and luxrender for finals. The "buzz" at Lux seems to have declined about improvements to Lux. Could be just a normal cycle between enthusiasm and exhaustion. LOL It is a volunteer effort after all.

I was just thinking about the maturation cycle of any product and when an entrepreneur needs to move on to a new enterprise/product. After all, the cash flow must continue if you want to eat regularly. :)

Mike

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:13 am

MustangMike wrote:On a different subject, do you think Paulo's interest in the Reality product is lessening? The Reality groups at Deviant Art, Facebook and even here on his website are pretty dead. Kim has even been long absent from the groups. I'm thinking that the product has reached about its maximum market penetration (sort of like Octane) and the profit potential for the Reality product has just about run its course.

I guess that only Paolo can answer that question :|
/Sigstan

Return to “General”