What causes Lux to enter Leaf Mode and How to fix it?

Here we discuss topics that are common for all versions of Reality, without distinction of platform or host
MustangMike

What causes Lux to enter Leaf Mode and How to fix it?

Postby MustangMike » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:54 am

I have some scenes that result in a message in the Lux log: "Maximum recursion depth reached while constructing QBVH, forcing a leaf node".

First, I thought QBVH was only called when you used an accelerated option to render, not so, it does the same thing in non-accelerated.
Second, I have researched this message on the Lux site and what I found was less than helpful in eliminating the cause of the message.

What I want to know is: What do I need to change to prevent Lux from entering Leaf mode? What should I look out for in setting up a scene to preclude this from happening?

Thanks, Mike

Gederix

Re: What causes Lux to enter Leaf Mode and How to fix it?

Postby Gederix » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Leaf node, not mode. And I do not think it is something you have to worry about, see it pop up sometimes, non-critical error.

MustangMike

Postby MustangMike » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:32 pm

My bad, I was in a panic. LOL
Thanks

PlatnumK

Postby PlatnumK » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:47 am

I've had the happen to me recently & found that it is caused by an object not fully loading into the scene, In my case it was G8F Eyelashes not fully loading into my scene.

So on that premise I would either look for an object or prop that hasn't fully loaded or has a part missing that should be there.

What I did was to turn of 1 object in the scene tab & do a quick render & watch for the error, If you still get the error then turn that object back on then turn the next one down off & repeat the process until the error goes away.

Return to “General”