OpenCL rendering with Reality/LuxRender - results so far

Here we discuss topics that are common for all versions of Reality, without distinction of platform or host
TransformerMan

Re: OpenCL rendering with Reality/LuxRender - results so far

Postby TransformerMan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Two days later, and I'm still blown away! Any scene I dare throw at the GPU comes through the setup phase in seconds. This should be in the user guide, or something.

keshymarkyz

Re: OpenCL rendering with Reality/LuxRender - results so far

Postby keshymarkyz » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:36 am

gpanag wrote:I believe so.
There are some issues with luxrender and opencl 2.0 from what I have read in the forums.
From what I remember, it was because nvidia hasn't update to opencl 2.0 since they focus on cuda. As a result, luxrender could not support opencl 2.0 at the time, but the AMD drivers were coming with opencl 2.0.
I have a similar setup as yours (390x) and I can confirm that gpu rendering is more stable with catalyst 15 (opencl 1.9). https://www.giannasgrille.com
Of course, there are other ways to downgrade to opencl 1.9 than downgrading the whole driver. You can keep certain files from opencl and copy them on top of the newest ones that come with the latest drivers, but I haven't tried that method.

It can easily be judge between those underline things that are not numeric between 2 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “General”