Windows 7 feels slow with SSDs

Here we discuss topics that are common for all versions of Reality, without distinction of platform or host
blaise84

Windows 7 feels slow with SSDs

Postby blaise84 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi all,

Just opening My Computer in a new window it feels like it doesn't have the same kind of feel as it did when I did a clean install. This has been happening for the past month or so. My CPU performance was throttled because of overheating, but I fixed that a month ago too. So it's back to it's back to it's regular score of 7.5. But things just don't feel snappy like they should.

Also, when I start my computer. It's fast because of the SSD. But it takes a little bit of time for Windows to load up the Aero appearance the right way and will do things a second time. It's very annoying.

Any tips?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/

johan450

Re: Windows 7 feels slow with SSDs

Postby johan450 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:32 am

I recently got an SSD where windows 7 is installed and it is working for me but I believe it can be the problem with your OS and not the hard drive

pdhumal2345

Re: Windows 7 feels slow with SSDs

Postby pdhumal2345 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:48 am

No matter which solid-state drive you are using on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 system-based computers, such as Samsung, SanDisk, or Kingston SSD, the following seven tricks will help with the slow running of SSD.
1. Ensuring that your SATA controller is running in AHCI mode
2. Ensure the TRIM runs
3. Avoid Defragmentation of Disk
4. Verify Inactive Hibernation
5. Enable SSD Write Caching
6. Ensure the alignment of the SSD partition
7. Erase SSD safely

Return to “General”