Can't install updates nor download them

Here we discuss topics that are common for all versions of Reality, without distinction of platform or host
cartoonMike

Can't install updates nor download them

Postby cartoonMike » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:20 pm

I wrote the following in the Support email page only to find out that I missed the "90 day" window for support. Would've been nice if I had some prior warning...(sigh)

First off, I'm running MacOS Sierra (10.12) and I couldn't install the updaters -- both Poser (Serial [redacted ] ) and DAZ Studio versions give me an error that a config file couldn't be written to the exact wording is:

The configuration file /private/var/folders/8w/hlq4ts5d3nzf9dwz1t48h6mh0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F8E71F82-95A4-41BC-AAC8-40CA32D5041D/d/RealityInstaller.cfg is missing. This installation cannot continue.

---
Don't know what of the above is my "private" info and what isn't, so I just put it all in. IF I could've done a support email, this wouldn't have been an issue. This is the thing about Support "limits" -- in over 3-4 years of use (IIRC) I've never had to contact Preta3d's support until now... only to find out that I missed an arbitrary "deadline" for things that are not even my fault.
---

I don't mess around with anything in private folders unless I know 100% what I need to do and why. Makes everyone's life a bit simpler.

So, I thought that maybe something in the update to Mac OS 10.12 affected the installers (which also gave an error of being from an unidentified developer) so I thought that I'd just go to the website and download new ones.

I jump through the hoops of entering in the Order/Serial number and when I click on the download button, instead of a shiny new file I'm directed to a page where this error message resides:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
<Expires>2016-10-10T17:57:07Z</Expires>
<ServerTime>2016-10-10T17:57:17Z</ServerTime>
<RequestId>17DF6CCED6D231D2</RequestId>
<HostId>
YJuAQHcWYObUrj3qofi9pog2kxnwkxkxBi2+D8P+mhDUJh8MyRYsa0dpVEJA65mBZBgF6qa5Fw8=
</HostId>
</Error>

So I'm a bit disappointed and a smidgen confused, never had issues like this with prior installs of Reality.

I'd like to know if I need to do a total re-install of Reality or not. And if so, how?

I've rebooted my Mac and tried to run the installers, and got the same error. So running the host app (DS or Poser) isn't an issue. And I flushed my cache on Safari and got the same Access denied message. I also tried using Firefox and got the same error.

Although I do have Reality in Poser 11 and in DS 4.9... they are older versions of 4 and I want to install the update.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Thankfully I can still use the host apps and can continue with my projects as rendering is a ways off, but I do like to make sure that there's not going to be any bumps in the workflow.

marslewis

Re: Can't install updates nor download them

Postby marslewis » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:35 pm

I purchased Reality 4 update but received no serial number on receipt plus the download links don't work and show an error message like the previous poster showed. Anyone in support gonna help?

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi.
We had some difficulties caused by hurricane Matthew. We had to evacuate and only last night we have regained electricity. I apologize for the inconvenience.
If you can contact me via PM and send me your name Inwill then locate your transaction and provide the serial number.

Thank you for your purchase.
--
Paolo

Gederix

Postby Gederix » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:53 pm

Hurricane Matthew turned north just in time to skim past and spare us the brunt of the storm, got one of my fences and a bougainvillea, but we did not lose power. And I had just signed a contract for impact windows/doors a week prior, wont get them until january but Ive had the house 17 years, finally decide to buy new windows... BAM! hurricane!

/shakes tiny fist at mother nature

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:33 pm

We got lucky, with this one. Lost power for 4 days, backyard flooded but the house was left undamaged. A big scare and a lot of inconvenience but nothing more than that. In Charleston it was the trifecta from hell:

- Hurricane winds pushed water inland
- At the same time we had a 7 foot tide
- 10 inches of rain have been dropped in a matter of a few hours

It could have been a lot worse, and it has been for a lot of people, and I'm grateful that I'm here writing this :)

Cheers.
--
Paolo

cartoonMike

Postby cartoonMike » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:08 pm

Glad to hear that you all are okay.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:31 pm

Thank you Mike.
--
Paolo

MrWizard1024

Postby MrWizard1024 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:19 pm

First, Paolo, thank goodness for your safety.

Second, is your advice for those of us who upgraded to Mac Sierra (10.12) not to try to install the new 4.3.1? I'm currently running 4.3.0.16155.

Many thanks as always for your outstanding support!

MrWizard1024

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:22 pm

Mr Wizard, you are very welcome.
My advice is to no install Sierra, as that OS is know for breaking several programs. I don't know if 4.3.0 works better than 4.3.1, I cannot test that situation at the time. I know that Apple is working on an update that hopefully will fix all the breakages that they have caused. My advic eis to never install a ".0" OS, it's too risky. Something to keep in mind for the future :)

Cheers.
--
Paolo

PlatnumK

Postby PlatnumK » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:40 pm

For your informations I am currently running Reality 4.3.1.16203 on MacOS Sierra 10.12 without any problems so far.

Return to “General”