Has the DAZ crashing on startup been resolved?

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
Causam

Has the DAZ crashing on startup been resolved?

Postby Causam » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi,
I see a thread or two in here that mentions this issue, but I see no real solution on here. I think one person found that their video driver was not up to date, but this is happening to a lot of us.

ISSUE:
DAZ Studio 4.10 crashes on startup after installing Reality. The Reality plugin folder has to be deleted in order for DAZ to start up again.

I am running:
DS Pro 4.10.0.123

The latest version of Reality for DS, I presume, since I just re-downloaded it yesterday or the day before. I can't get it to start to give more detailed information, sorry.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 17134.648
Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
Driver Version 23.20.16.4973 (2/28/2018 -- I have tried installing a later version but Intel doesn't have the installation bugs worked out)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00GHz

I have a saved zip file of the crash report, which can be found at:
https://mega.nz/#!qoIVAIoZ!8tJloA19wEHK ... x5_qwO9Z8g

Please help if you can.

Causam

Causam

Re: Has the DAZ crashing on startup been resolved?

Postby Causam » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:26 pm

Update:
The problem has been solved on my machine. As it turns out, I did need to update my Intel HD Graphics driver to the latest version, which I had not been able to do. Intel customer support advised me that I needed to update to the Fall Creators update from October 2018 in order to install the driver. I did so and after 4.5 hours of the update running, I still was not able to install the latest driver. I allowed Intel customer support to do a remote session and after half an hour of finagling they got the driver installed.
I then reinstalled Reality and Daz started with no issues. I haven't run a render in it yet. I'll update here with any further issues or reports so that others searching this might find it helpful.

Causam

Re: Has the DAZ crashing on startup been resolved?

Postby Causam » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Update 2:
Rendering fine now. I absolutely love that I can adjust individual lights on the fly in my renders.

Return to “Troubleshooting”