Where are my eyes?

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
briang

Where are my eyes?

Postby briang » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:06 pm

I've rendered this character through Reality 4 and LuxRender using both the Nividia Iray settings and the 3Dlight settings. The characters materials, including the eyes were selected from the Iray optimized materials and the non-Iray optimized. Everything seems to render properly except the eyes.
What am I doing wrong? The scene is using IBL. This first image is the render screen in LuxRender.
ZanderNoEyes.JPG
This second image is the camera viewport in Daz Studio just to confirm that there are materials selected for the eyes.
ZanderEyes.JPG
ZanderEyes.JPG (16.1 KiB) Viewed 2084 times

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
Brian

PlatnumK

Re: Where are my eyes?

Postby PlatnumK » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:26 pm

Check & make sure that the Cornea & EyeMoisture doesn't have any Alpha Maps, Bump/Normal & Displacement Maps

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:29 pm

I don't know how you have you're material settings but if I have to take a guess, I would say that there is a material that is covering the surface of the eyes and that material is not set to architectural glass as it should be. It's probably a solid white material.

So, set that material to architectural glass and you should be all set.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

briang

Postby briang » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:46 pm

pciccone wrote:I don't know how you have you're material settings but if I have to take a guess, I would say that there is a material that is covering the surface of the eyes and that material is not set to architectural glass as it should be. It's probably a solid white material.

Cheers.

Paolo,

Thanks. Is this a setting in Daz or in Reality?

briang

Postby briang » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:08 pm

PlatnumK wrote:Check & make sure that the Cornea & EyeMoisture doesn't have any Alpha Maps, Bump/Normal & Displacement Maps

Thanks you so much. Where would I find these settings? Daz or Reality? Forgive me, I'm not a daily Daz or Reality user so I don't know these things.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:19 pm

briang wrote:
pciccone wrote:I don't know how you have you're material settings but if I have to take a guess, I would say that there is a material that is covering the surface of the eyes and that material is not set to architectural glass as it should be. It's probably a solid white material.

Cheers.

Paolo,

That would be in Reality.
--
Paolo

briang

Postby briang » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:31 pm

pciccone wrote:
briang wrote:

Cheers.

Paolo,

That would be in Reality.

Thank you so much, that seems to have solved the problem.

Return to “Troubleshooting”