Is Open CL fixed in Mac OS Sierra?

All kind of topics about Reality Poser Edition
seeker

Is Open CL fixed in Mac OS Sierra?

Postby seeker » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:41 pm

Does anyone know if the Open CL works in the new Sierra Mac OS? Can the Graphic Cards be used for faster rendering?

Also, I use both Poser and DAZStudio, and I have both versions of Reality. So that I don't double-post, will I have any problems with Reality, either version, if I upgrade to Mac OS Sierra? Currently, I'm using Mac OS 10.11.6, El Capitan.

Gunner63

Re: Is Open CL fixed in Mac OS Sierra?

Postby Gunner63 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:41 pm

See the trouble shooting guide.
Reality will not work with Sierra OS.
You just get told its a Apple issue and go solve it yourself.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:43 pm

That is not correct. Reality works just fine with Sierra. Apple has broken something that causes the *Installer* to crash. Reality itself works just fine.
--
Paolo

Gunner63

Postby Gunner63 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:33 pm

How can it work fine if you can't install it ? Doesn't make sense.

I'm sorry but the customer is the big loser here. We happily pay our money only to be let down by developers who blame each other.

Surely as the developers you guys know what is wrong, why not call up Apple and find out.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:43 pm

It makes perfect sense. If you installed it on 10.11 and then upgraded then it works.
The blame is very objectively placed on Apple. Reality came out months ago and it worked. Nothing has changed in its code. Then Apple changes their OS and they break a bunch of programs. It's pretty clear cut. Please contact Apple and ask them how to fix it, because I have no idea what they broke.

If you want your money back I will gladly help you there.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

Gunner63

Postby Gunner63 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:04 pm

So what will happen if Apple never fixes it ?
I will try to contact them, I don't know how but I will try.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:05 pm

I don't have plans as of right now.
--
Paolo

Gunner63

Postby Gunner63 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:52 pm

I contacted Apple on different forums, as yet they have not responded.
I will keep the community informed of any progress.

cartoonMike

Postby cartoonMike » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Gunner63 wrote:How can it work fine if you can't install it ? Doesn't make sense.

I'm sorry but the customer is the big loser here. We happily pay our money only to be let down by developers who blame each other.

Surely as the developers you guys know what is wrong, why not call up Apple and find out.

Out of the dozens of apps I've installed on Sierra, Reality is the only one to throw an error. Personally, I'm real tired of this constant "blame" game. With the advances in Superfly and Iray, I'm finding that, subjectively, I'm happier without using Reality. Things are just simpler and although the renders may not be exactly as "good" as what Reality can do, it's good enough. I am thankful for this error, really. If it wasn't for it, I wouldn't have spent the time really getting into the native renderers in Studio and Poser. When a developer begins to blame everyone else (the OS programmers, the users) for issues, I feel it's time to just leave and close the door behind me. There's just nothing productive that can come of this.

Best of luck in the future.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:42 pm

So, I tested Reality 4.3.1.16203 with Sierra, Mac OS 10.12.1 and the installer worked without any issue.
--
Paolo

Return to “General”