Reality sun with meshlight

All kind of topics about Reality Poser Edition
EA3D

Reality sun with meshlight

Postby EA3D » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:02 am

Dear Paolo, friends!

Have an exterior scene with Reality sunlight only (sun + sky IBL). Because of some shadows on the foreground I decided to add one meshlight. At a first look it seemed that the light is not working at all. But when I tried to add gain I noticed that it's needed to have more than x5000 gain to see the influence of this light to the scene lighting. I've never seen such a behavior, usually 1-3 gain is enough for adjusting.

Is it a feature or a bug? Any special instructions for using sunlight together with other lights?

Gederix

Re: Reality sun with meshlight

Postby Gederix » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:15 am

Is your kernel in lux set to auto linear? If so switch it to linear or turn on exposure settings for your camera in reality.

EA3D

Postby EA3D » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:48 pm

No-no, it's set to linear with fixed exposure.

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:11 pm

Sun and sky is pretty strong creating deep shadows, so it would not be unusual that you would need a lot of gain on a normal mesh light to get any effect in your scene. Standard power is 100 Watt (efficiency of 17%). For a bright sunlight outdoor scene, such a light would not have a huge effect, especially if diffused, which mesh lights typically will be.
/Sigstan

Return to “General”