DAZ Studio with Iray Server available NOW

Discussions on DAZ Studio techniques
davefollmers

DAZ Studio with Iray Server available NOW

Postby davefollmers » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:35 am

Hello,

I'm a long time DAZ Studio user and was a heavy Luxrender user until DAZ introduced Iray support. Since then I have purchased a new PC with Nvidia GPU and completely stopped using Luxrender, and planning to purchase a 2nd PC with Nvidia GPU in the near future for distributed rendering. I've signed up Iray Server trial and got a cluster working across 2 PC's (one CPU+GPU, one CPU-only).The only problem is that DAZ Studio only supports streaming mode on Iray Server, which means I cannot use it because I don't have pro GPU's (I have 980Ti's). It seems like a long time before NVidia provides streaming support for non-pro GPU's or before DAZ supports batch mode.As soon as I can start using DAZ Studio with Iray Server on regular GPU's, I will start spending my money on multiple Iray Server license (@$295 per year) as well as additional Nvidia GPU's. IF I have to wait 6-12 months, the competition will give me more options and maybe I spend my money somewhere else.Are there any solutions to this problem in the near term?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.irayplugins.com/forum/showt ... ear-future
Digital advertising company

Thanks

Return to “DAZ Studio”