Luxrender 2.0 Support

Discussions about general topics of interest, like lighting, material customization and so one
DeviantShade

Luxrender 2.0 Support

Postby DeviantShade » Sat May 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Will REALITY be updated to support the latest Luxrender 2.0?
Crossing the Uncanny Valley

Rivaliant

Re: Luxrender 2.0 Support

Postby Rivaliant » Mon May 14, 2018 4:27 am

I sure hope so, i'd love for LuxCoreRender to be better integrated with Daz Studio to Blow Iray out of the water as the pathetic engine that it is

Even my buddies that jumped ship to Iray still hate how constricting it is

mikechops

Postby mikechops » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:54 am

Rivaliant wrote:pathetic engine that it is

An engine is only as good as the material/lighting parameters you throw at it. It's a DAZ studio issue, not Iray.

Rivaliant

Postby Rivaliant » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:51 am

mikechops wrote:
Rivaliant wrote:pathetic engine that it is

An engine is only as good as the material/lighting parameters you throw at it. It's a DAZ studio issue, not Iray.

wait...wh....

"an ""engine""(read Iray) is only as good as the Materias/Lighting Parameters you throw at it

its a DAZ studio issue"

You're going to have to explain to me how "only as good as the stuff you throw AT THE ENGINE" makes it Daz Studios fault.

unless Daz studio is actively redistricting you from adding onto material settings I'm not understanding this statement

or am i just that use to having to rewire material settings in Reality that i don't see what Daz has to do with the engine shortcomings
( all tho i should admit I don't have anywhere near the experience with Iray as i do with Reality/Luxrender to even assume how comparable they acutally are )

mikechops

Postby mikechops » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Rivaliant wrote:unless Daz studio is actively redistricting you from adding onto material settings I'm not understanding this statement

That's sort-of what I was getting at. DAZ excels at the "ease of use" workflow, which is great, but limiting. Iray produces some amazingly photo-realistic results when used with software such as Maya or 3dsmax. One of the benefits of them is the advanced lighting and shading controls at your disposal. What Reality is pretty much doing is converting the materials/shaders to Luxrender standards, and giving you more complex shading options. Why Luxrender? The fact that its free and open source helps tremendously. Hell, I've thrown exported Daz models into Blender and got amazing results with Cycles using the included texture maps.

Return to “General”