Reality plugin for DAZ Studio connects your DAZ Studio scene to LuxRender to give you the power of hyper-realism.
“Definitely a plug-in worth investing in” 3D World Magazine
- Click here to purchase: Reality 2 for Studio.
- Compatible with both DAZ Studio 3 and Studio 4, Mac OS or Windows, 32 or 64 bits.
- Reality 2.5 is available now directly from the Pret-a-3D website at just $39.95.
- LuxRender and SLG developers have lifetime free licensing (proof of source code contribution is required).
Features at a glance (full list and details are available in the Reality User’s Guide):
- DAZ Studio 4 compatible. Runs on all versions of DAZ Studio 4 and 3,
both for Mac OS and Windows.
- New 64-bit version for Mac OS in addition to existing Windows 64-bit support .
Manages huge scenes with access to all your RAM.
- GPU Support. Render faster with OpenCL-compatible GPUs.
- Animation Support. Create your own stunning movies.
- SLG support. Blazing-fast rendering with 100% GPU renderer SLG. Video demo here.
- Normal maps support. Lightweight, fast and stunningly detailed.
- Binary file support. Faster, less memory intensive Lux format.
- Multi-Edit. Edit material parameters on multiple materials at the same time.
- Render overwrite check Avoid overwriting your render by mistake.
- More light control. Vastly expanded light editor.
- Light Textures. Add a texture to a light to create special effects.
- IES lights. Emulates actual lights.
- Light presets. Many presets available from the library of Lux spectrum lights.
- Texture collection. Collect and resize textures for efficiency.
- Improved Studio compatibility. Studio materials are now converted with
more accuracy and options.
Get results faster!
- Faster material converter! Calling Reality is now even faster.
- Automatic material preview. Previews are generated in the background while you
work on materials.
- Material Snapshot. Now you can do a “before and after” material comparison.
- Persistent previews. Material previews are kept in memory; no need to
re-render them again and again.
- Flagged Materials. Reality shows you which material you edited.
- More details. Selecting a material in Reality shows you the Studio version.
Reality 2 for Studio: more control
- Face preview. New Face shape for the material preview.
- More metals. Three times the number of metal presets.
- Textured metals. Enough said.
- Support for Lux’s new metal. The new Metal material is better and easier
- Photon Map support. LuxRender’s Photon Map for faster rendering without GPU.
- SPPM Support. Even more options with LuxRender’s Smart Photon Map.
- Rendering parameters. New advanced editor for Lux’s rendering parameters.
Easier to Use
- Updated UI. Streamlined, cleaner, even friendlier than before.
- Flat-shading support. Sometimes you actually want to render a faceted object.
- Save inside Reality. “Save Scene” button allows you to save your Studio scene
without exiting Reality.
- Automatic updates. When a new version of Reality is available you will be
- Support for SubD. Use Studio 4 SubD for finer detail and smoothing.
- New Light prop. The Curved Light creates amazing images with one light only.
These are just the top features of Reality 2 for Studio. The full list and more details are available in the Reality User’s Guide
“With Reality 2 we have taken a program that is completely unmatched for ease of use and power, and we raised the bar even higher. Reality 2 brings together the very best of LuxRender with a User Interface that is even easier than before and with tools that are not found anywhere else. True innovation is shown in features like the Material Snapshot and seamless integration of Lux and SLG in the same scene. Reality 2 for Studio with LuxRender is simply the most advanced rendering solution for Studio and Poser content.” says Paolo Ciccone, software designer of Reality and founder of Prêt-à-3D.
Some feedback from Reality 2 artists
As a clothing texture maker, Reality gives my materials the chance to shine like no other program. Velvet that looks real enough to touch, sparkles and sequins come to life and with a little skill even materials like leather look just about perfect! I’m totally hooked on it. It’s wonderful to have the power of proper indirect lighting and real world textures at my command, and Reality, combined with the power of LuxRender, brings Daz Studio users the kind of rendering power that is usually reserved for the high end application
— Martin Frost
With Reality I re-discovered the joys of my first love, photography!
— Peter “Akhbour” Rex
Paolo has done an amazing job of moving this plug-in forward with a loyalty that can’t be matched by many. I can tell by his attention to the little details that he’s serious about making Reality as perfect as possible, and it’s getting closer to that with every bug fix and feature addition. It’s definitely here to stay.
— Dimension Theory
I fell in love with CGI art in 2001, with Poser 4. Since then I’ve worked in every program all the way through Poser 2012 and Vue 9, chasing the ideal of art that is both fantastic and realistic. Then Paolo Ciccone unveiled the Reality Plug-in for Daz Studio and LuxRender. I was completely floored by the realism of the renders I could now create.
– Angela Knight, New York Times bestselling novelist
The Reality plug-in is a dream come true for me since I started out with 3D to create ‘realism’ in my images. A very powerful and easy to use bridge between DAZ Studio and LuxRender I simply love!
Price and Availability
- Click here to purchase: Reality 2 for Studio.
- Reality 2 is available now directly from the Pret-a-3D website. Reality 2 is just $39.95.
- Lux and SLG developers have lifetime free licensing (proof of source code contribution is required).