First I want to thank everyone for the fantastic response to Reality 4. This has been our largest release ever, with an unprecedented success. You rock! It was also fun to see how many new images made with Reality 4 have been posted in just a few hours after the program was released.
I wanted to give you just a quick update on what’s happening with Reality. A couple of bugs and being found by some of you after the release of the product. As you probably know, I pride myself in giving some of the best support in the software world. So, I have quickly released an update a few days ago, labeled 4.0.4 .18.
Not to rest on the laurels, I’m working on another update that will bring more improvements, specifically:
- Support for Studio’s Duplicate feature
- Support for Studio’s grouped objects. Currently, some products, that are delivered with scene files where the objects are grouped together, are not loaded in a Reality 4
- Fix for the issue that caused Lux errors when the same normal map is used in multiple materials
- Fix for using multiple instances of the Simple Plane prop
- Fix for animation rendering
Plus there are a few stability improvements. All this has been already done and a new build is going to the testers in a matter of a few hours. After the Holidays I will release the update.
I thought that you might enjoy knowing what’s happening.
To all of you, a big thank you for your continued support, I wish you Happy Holidays and a great New Year.