Victoria 7 Automatic preset on sale now!

News and announcements about Reality, for all editions
pciccone
Site Admin

Re: Victoria 7 Automatic preset on sale now!

Postby pciccone » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi.
You should not use iRay light. If you render with Reality you need to use the Reality mesh lights, IBL, spots, or point lights. In any case, that effects looks like the ear material being much more reflective that the rest of the face. Compare the materials and, if necessary, use the "Revert to original" command.
--
Paolo

VikkiL

Postby VikkiL » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:13 pm

Thank you for the feedback, Paolo. I simply must find time to watch the video and learn more. Now that you said do not use the iRay, I recall that on the first ones I used the mesh light from Reality and did not have that shiny ear.

Vikki
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Hyman Rickover, "The World of the Uneducated", "The Saturday Evening Post", November 28, 1959

banditcameraman

Postby banditcameraman » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:54 am

VikkiL wrote:Has anyone had a problem with one ear being almost white compared to the rest of the body? I have yet to watch the Reality video, so I have no clue how any of it works. I used the basic IRAY lights (DAZ Studio) but one ear ends up looking whitish with a clear line between that and the rest of her face.

Here is a link to my photobucket album that shows it clearly:

I have some earlier renders that didn't seem to do this, so I must have done something that I don't remember :?

Vikki

The shadow areas in the leg show some lines: subdividing the character should clear that up ;)

VikkiL

Postby VikkiL » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:52 am

banditcameraman wrote:The shadow areas in the leg show some lines: subdividing the character should clear that up ;)

I wish I knew what you are talking about, bandit... "subdividing" is not something I've heard of LOL I have yet to watch the video I purchased that goes over many things for beginners like me. to top it off, I tried switching from GPU reality render to Open CL and Lux crashed...twice. So, I have a LOT to learn.

this whole "ear" thing has thrown me too. I removed the V7 preset, took all IRAY lights out, still have a shiny ear. Tried changing the surface properties in DAZ and got mixed results and the size of my render shrank. Just going to start reading the manual and watch the video since I can't even have a meaningful conversation about the problems I encounter because I've not practiced/read/looked into the workings of Reality enough.

Thank you for your feedback. I will find out what "subdividing" means :D

Vikki
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Hyman Rickover, "The World of the Uneducated", "The Saturday Evening Post", November 28, 1959

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:59 am

I don't think that the ears are caused by lighting. The material is different from the rest of the face. You need to look at the material definition, in Reality of course, and see what is the difference.

About subdivision, the best option is to look it up on the web, to use it you click on the Modifiers tab for a material and enter your desired value. Generally 1 or 2 will be enough.
--
Paolo

banditcameraman

Postby banditcameraman » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:20 pm

VikkiL wrote:I wish I knew what you are talking about, bandit... "subdividing" is not something I've heard of LOL ... Thank you for your feedback. I will find out what "subdividing" means :D

Vikki

Here's a link to subdivision as it applies to Daz ;)

3duniverse is a content creator whose work you may have seen on the shop 8-)

Hope this helps :ugeek:

- Jaime

VikkiL

Postby VikkiL » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:05 pm

I want to thank you all again for your feedback and help. I bookmarked the subdividing page, I've abandoned that particular figure save and will not try another until I do a bit of reading and at least learn some terminology. Sorry for ...hijacking the thread about the great preset for V7 with my issues. I will create a new thread in the appropriate forum when I encounter problems again.

I appreciate you all.
Vikki

whooke

Postby whooke » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Has there been an update for the V7 preset to correct the color problem with V7 gens? If so, how do I get it?

Thanks!

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:48 pm

It has been and I have sent the update via email to all customers. If you did not receive the email please email me via reality at preta3d dot com with your order number or full name and I will send you the update.
--
Paolo

whooke

Postby whooke » Sat May 07, 2016 3:54 pm

I suspect that I just managed to carelessly delete it during a busy period. Thanks for the extra help on this!

Wayne

Return to “Reality News”