Back in the days of Reality 2.5 there was a free light set created by Callad called “Reality Light Set” (RLS), which introduced the idea of parenting cameras to mesh light and thus making the whole operation much easier. Unfortunately, the introduction of Reality 4 meant RLS was no longer compatible and that meant no more camera assisted mesh lights for a long time (commercial set made by Callad is available now).
It was around this time I decided to create my own Reality Camera lights using the Reality mesh lights with a few tweaks and some additional mesh light shapes that I thought could be useful. Thus “Reality Camera Lights” (RCL) was born. I'm still using it and although very basic, it has improved my own workflow, so I've decide to package it up and make it available for free to all Reality users.
Reality Camera Lights (RCL) Freebie for DS has been updated to version 2.
You can download the new RCL v2 from here:
An overview of current features in RCL v2:
- All standard Reality mesh lights equipped with a camera loading in normal Reality default position
- Four additional mesh lights: Round, Panorama, Ring and Octa light each with camera and handle
- A tweaked (Reversed) version of Reality Curved Mesh light with camera and handle
- Favorites on all parameters for quicker navigation
- All parameters on the mesh lights, that should not be changed, are locked
- Seven special IBLs to provide ambient or stand-alone lighting for quick portrait rendering
- A new RCL Infinity Cove for use in portrait scenes
- Material settings for the RCL Infinity Cove providing single color, smoke and other textures.
- New more comprehensive documentation
Note that RCL v2 is made exclusively for DAZ Studio.
Unzip RCL_v2 in a temporary directory and follow the installation procedure described in the RCL User Guide PDF.
Remember the light camera is for positioning only and you need to choose a normal camera to render the scene.
Let me know if you run into any issues with this version.