Trying to Render Something - Problems

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
bossman344

Trying to Render Something - Problems

Postby bossman344 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:16 am

Hi there,
I've been using the program a whole lot lately - the last couple months - even though had it for a couple of years. The last couple of days I'm trying to render a particular scene and I keep getting error messages - through Python it looks like - and the entire scene renders, but the 3 characters in it do not. I rendered in Poser 11 using Superfly and Firefly without problems.

Going to attach a picture of the errors - I hope.

Maybe someone will have an idea why this is happening. I'm using Poser 11, Windows 7 Professional, i7, NVIDIA, etc.

I really love what this program does, BTW, can't believe I had it so long without much use.

Thanks.[image]
image0206.jpg
[/image]

pciccone
Site Admin

Re: Trying to Render Something - Problems

Postby pciccone » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:42 am

Hi.
If you start a new scene and add a primitive, like a cube, and a Mesh Light, does it render?
--
Paolo

bossman344

Postby bossman344 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Yes, I got the same - or a similar - message using primitives. I did reload some older files/scenes that I had rendered before this started happening and they rendered as they normally would and that Python error did not show up. It does show up with the primitives.

Been trying to figure out what I may have done to change something and can't think of anything. It's just straight up create a scene, save and then render. Here's the most recent: KeyError: 'Preview' picture.

I DID get a couple to render without that by using "Sun Light", haven't had time to check with others, but I will though. Frankly, I can't believe how nicely this works. Thanks.

Larry Fuller aka bossman344
image0207.jpg

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:29 pm

I'm not sure what this can be. Have you installed some other plugin/addon to Poser lately?
--
Paolo

bossman344

Postby bossman344 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:03 am

No nothing. I'm a persistent type; I'll figure it out or a work around of some kind, got kind of a deadline.

I will keep you in the loop, noting all factors and instances. Thank you.

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:40 am

Ok, thank you.

Try uninstalling Reality completely, and then reinstalling.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

Return to “Troubleshooting”