Reality Not Recognizing a Titan V Card

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
Nathanomir

Reality Not Recognizing a Titan V Card

Postby Nathanomir » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:52 pm

A friend of mine has been having me tutor her in working with Reality, which she hasn't used in several years. She just hit an odd problem which I've never seen before.

First, she was using Reality 4.0, and could not get the mesh lights to work separately in Luxrender. They automatically grouped, despite having different names. We both guessed that was a Luxrender glitch, so she upgraded to Reality 4.3. That solved the problem, but gave her the next one.

Now, Reality reports "0 Devices." Then, "Updating frame buffer." Then, the "0 Devices" error message again.

She is using a Titan V card, which Reality 4.0 recognized without a problem.

I had her reinstall the video card driver, but that did not solve the problem.

Any idea where I should direct her from here?
Sometimes, my wife wakes up grumpy. Sometimes, she lets me sleep.

Rivaliant

Re: Reality Not Recognizing a Titan V Card

Postby Rivaliant » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Hmmm... can't say any of the boosted modes that use the GPU are even worth implementing
But that is pretty odd

sigstan

Re: Reality Not Recognizing a Titan V Card

Postby sigstan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:02 pm

Titan V is probably too expensive to be considered for use with Reality and Luxrender ;)

Anyway, it should work. Could you show a screen shot from the scene configuration tab?

Try a simple scene with IBL and sphere using resolution 1024x768 and not using any extra boost mode.

Also note that with Nvidia drivers you often need to use the clean install option to get everything (especially OpenCl) installed correctly.

Oh, the 0 device is the normal state until compilation has been completed and scene is actually being rendered. Try switching log detail level to "debug information" under Renderer tab for more info.
/Sigstan

Return to “Troubleshooting”