Cannot change filename

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
yagakisan

Cannot change filename

Postby yagakisan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi all,
since a few days I have this strange issue, I can't change the default "reality_scene" filename of my renders even typing a new name in the same folder set in the Advanced tab.

I can't say what happened because I used to save a lot of renders in the same folder, without change any options.
My render folder is set as "d:\renders", when I start a new render I change the output file to "d:\renders\name.png", I tried also with the name only, but when I start rendering Reality overwrites the reality_scene folder and files.

Thank you

yagakisan

Re: Cannot change filename

Postby yagakisan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:11 am

I have updated Reality to the last 4.3 version but the problem is the same.
I tried leaving blank the default location for new scenes and specifying the folder/name.png in the Output panel only, no changes.
When Luxrender opens, in the Info tab the name is always "reality_scene".... :(

Anyone can help me?

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:00 pm

Can you explain what's happening? I don't see how you cannot change the name. Do you click on the button next to the file name?
Please post some screenshot to describe what's happening.
--
Paolo

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Thank you for the reply Paolo (are you Italian?), here are my settings:
- daz studio 4.9.2.70 Pro 64bit
- reality 4.3.0.16155
- luxrender 1.5.1 Build 15282
- OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- scene setup: 1 Victoria 4.2 figure, 1 simple background, 3 mesh lights (1 top, 2 mesh), 1 camera

I attach the screenshots of my Reality settings.
I set the name for my render, let's say "test" (.png): when I start rendering with Luxrender I expect to see that a "test-Resources" folder will be created in "e:\dati\rendertemp" as happened for all my previous renders (I have a lot of "[name_of_scene]-Resources" folders in the same place), instead the already present "reality_scene-Resources" folder, reality_scene.flm, .lxi and .png files will be overwritten.
During the render, in Luxrender I see that the filename (Info tab) is still "reality_scene".
Attachments
SceneConfigurationTab.PNG
OutputTab.PNG
AdvancedTab.PNG

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:32 pm

Yes, I'm Italian. We can switch to Italian if it's easier.
BTW, if you are using Reality 4.3 then Lux should be at version 1.6
--
Paolo

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:22 pm

No prob, maybe this topic is helpful to others.
I updated Reality launching the RealityInstaller.exe downloaded directly by the link from preta3d, inserting my order and license numbers.
How can I update Luxrender?
BTW I found that inside the original unpacked zip file (Reality_DS_w64.zip) there is another zip (Reality_DS64.zip), and inside it there is a folder for Luxrender. Is that?

EDIT:
Ok, I reinstalled Reality, I made some mess with the folders because I' m using 3 different locations for DAZ Studio, Reality and Library... I try now
Thank you

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:36 pm

No changes, Lux now is 1.6

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Yes, Lux in included in Reality, there is nothing to do to update it. Just install 4.3.

Cheers.
--
Paolo

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:15 am

I tried changing the default folder for new scene (Advanced tab) and setting a different one for the filename, no success.
I' m getting mad, I have a lot of renders to do in queue, I can't do them one at time!

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:22 am

For what I see the problem is between Reality plugin and Luxrender, as if Luxrender doesn't receive the file name and keeps the default settings.
Anyway somewhere is set to use "e:\dati\rendertemp" as folder for resource files, and doesn't change it even when I choose a different one in Reality Advanced panel.
I tried to delete all of the Reality folders and reinstall from scratch, nothing changes.

Return to “Troubleshooting”