Cannot change filename

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
pciccone
Site Admin

Re: Cannot change filename

Postby pciccone » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:46 pm

If you have removed the settings from the registry then Reality can't work correctly. After all that's why those settings are there.
So, I would suggest to re-install Reality and leave the registry alone.

Hope this helps.
--
Paolo

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:59 pm

I' ll give a try, anyway I didn't removed any "reality_scene" key, only those with the last wrong name (the infamous "4.png" I mentioned).
They are recreated launching the render.
Today I'm been able to do some renders in Luxrender queue just exporting the scene and renaming the wrong folder and files: I edited "4.lxi" and "4.lxs" replacing all the wrong names to what I needed, there were plenty.

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:06 pm

I have experienced the exact behavior you describe and it was driving me crazy. In my case it turned out to be caused by a bad install. Not sure what happens, but my guess is that something goes missing during install (possibly while unpacking the Reality installation directory).

To fix the issue you need to perform a complete re-install of Reality from scratch. And I do mean from scratch. Do not simply re-install from the Reality install directory you have used so far.

If you got anti-virus you might want to temporarily disable this while installing Reality, so you are sure it does not interfere.

1) Download Reality installer (might be a little redundant, but just to be sure)
2) Run the Reality installer you downloaded and unpack to a new temp directory
3) Go into the temp directory created in step 2 and run the RealityInstaller.exe

Performing the above steps solved the issue in my case, so I hope it will be the same in your case.
/Sigstan

pciccone
Site Admin

Postby pciccone » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:21 pm

To remove Reality please follow the instructions in our Wiki: http://preta3d.com/wiki/doku.php?id=uni ... io_edition
--
Paolo

yagakisan

Postby yagakisan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:11 am

Ok I completely reinstalled Reality plugin deleting the folders, cleaning all the keys "preta3d" and "reality" in the registry, rebooting the pc (DAZ Studio started to crash when opening Reality...) and inserting my serial and order in the popup screen.
At the moment the behaviour is CORRECT: I' m able to load my scene, rendering directly to the right folder with right name, modify the character in the same scene and start a new render with different name!
I don't exult yet because even two days ago the situation seemed correct, anyway thank you all!

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:51 am

/Sigstan

David

Postby David » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:35 am

I have the same problem. Uninstalled Reality 4.3 as instructed but the problem still remains.
I spent too many hours on this trying to correct the problem.
So i installed the previous Reality ver 4.21 and every thing is working perfectly.
I'll download the Reality 4.3 installer and try again at a later date when i have more time.

David

David

Postby David » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:54 am

I installed Reality 4.3 and all is ok.
It was user error.

David

Kelderek

Postby Kelderek » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:19 pm

I'm having the same problem...

This is what happens:
- No possibility to change filename, all renders goes to default "reality_scene" filename
- Everything renders at 100% even if the frame size, as in the screenshot, defaults to 25% when starting Reality

I tried to uninstall/re-install Reality several times. Helped briefly at first, but the problem comes back. Now it persists despite re-install!

Should I start deleting registry keys as well? If so, which ones? (not very experienced messing with the registry...)

Help!! :shock:

DAZ Studio 4.9.2.70
Reality 4.3.0.16155
Windows 10, 64 bit, version 1511 10586.494

Skärmklipp.JPG

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:24 pm

/Sigstan

Return to “Troubleshooting”