Doubts and problems with Nvidia GTX 980 Notebook

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
Gederix

Re: Doubts and problems with Nvidia GTX 980 Notebook

Postby Gederix » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:40 am

fixed the link:)

Frank

Postby Frank » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:18 pm

WOW Marcel2586, sigstan & Gederix now it's starting to work!!! Or better I'm starting to understand how the engine works... thanks a lot for your advice!
Francesco

Gederix

Postby Gederix » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Cool man, have fun. One last tip because its slow at work and Im bored, if you have more than one light in your scene and you want to be able to adjust them individually, which is almost always, make sure you assign them to individual groups in the light tab in reality. Click on a light in the list and then change its name down below from Mesh Lights 1 (or whatever the default is) to anything you want - Franks 1st light, Light 2, This is my 3rd light, there is no other light like this one... etc. Then once the render is launched and rendering you can go to the lights tab in luxrender and you will see all your lights listed by whatever you name them. You can also play around with camera film effects during the render too (in luxrender), as well as tinker with all the exposure controls (ISO, shutter speed...).
General best practice is once you have all the lights and camera settings how you want, go to reality and enter all your manually dialed in settings there (lights, camera exposure settings, film effects if desired) then shut down and restart the render and you will now get the most 'accurate' render with your settings dialed in from the get-go.
It will take some time to get the feel for the reality interface but its really pretty simple. Definitely read the tips forum here for ways to tackle things like skin, eyes (quick tip 86B - always uncheck eye reflections in reality and remove any bump or displacement maps from the cornea), hair, lighting, etc etc. I also recommend downloading the free Perfect Shot reality scene http://preta3d.com/pre-made-scenes/ as it has a ground, background, 3 light rig and camera ready to go, good starting point for learning, was for me anyway YMMV. There are also some free presets available for download, and a few you can buy.
And whenever you're looking for inspiration check out the reality page over at deviant art, lots of good stuff that shows off what reality is capable of.
https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com/
Cheers!

Frank

Postby Frank » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Great Gederix, just this afternoon I was wondering how to manage more singles mesh light... so once again... thank you! I've already explored the camera settings and effects... it's time to discover Reality and the best way is to explore it.
Next step will be trying the human material... a few weeks ago I was getting mad exporting the figure from Daz to Lightwave...
Well, I'm going to download the Perfect Shot and to take a look to deviantart pages.
See you! Thanks again.
Francesco

Return to “Troubleshooting”