Have laptop with 2 GPUs, reality only sees Geforce and not Intel HD and reports it to luxrender that seems to see both

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
gens10

Have laptop with 2 GPUs, reality only sees Geforce and not Intel HD and reports it to luxrender that seems to see both

Postby gens10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:39 pm

I'm getting this error from luxrender. "ERROR: OpenCL device selection string has the wrong length, must be 3 instead of 2"

My laptop has 3 devices,
1. i7-7700hq
2. GeForce 1060 gtx
3. Intel HD 630

It switches between 2 and 3 depending on what I'm working on. For example, if I put on a game, it switches to 2.GeForce. When I'm just surfing the net, it switches to 3.Intel HD 630.

Reality only sees 1 and 2 and not 3 (intel hd 630), and luxrender seems to see all 3 and sends me back the above error.

I tried Nvidia Cpanel to turn off "Auto" and just set it to GeForce, but luxrender still reports same problem. I even set Daz's exe and Luxrenders Exe to GeForce only in the the Nvidia Cpanel, and I still got the same error from Luxrender.

Any ideas?

- - - -

NOTES FOR TROUBLESHOOTERS
Scene Configuration in Reality:
Open-Cl Rendering (no Extra Boost [with or without - returns same log error])
Open-Cl Devices
GeForce GTX 1060
Intel Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 GHZ
OpenCl group size: 64

Bottom left of Luxrender says
Log Tab: ...Severe error: 2] RUNTIME ERROR: OpenCL device selection string has the wrong length, must be 3 instead of 2

- - - -

PlatnumK

Re: Have laptop with 2 GPUs, reality only sees Geforce and not Intel HD and reports it to luxrender that seems to see bo

Postby PlatnumK » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:12 pm

Have a look at this thread, the post you will be most interested in is the last one on that page

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion ... er-21st/p9

sigstan

Re: Have laptop with 2 GPUs, reality only sees Geforce and not Intel HD and reports it to luxrender that seems to see bo

Postby sigstan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:16 pm

A quick search of this forum for the error message would have given you plenty of threads on this very common problem.

See for example http://preta3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=794&p=5957&hilit=OpenCL+device+selection+string+has+the+wrong+length#p5957

This one can only really be fixed by Paolo. Reality OpenCL device detection needs to be in sync with Luxrender OpenCL device detection, otherwise problems like this will occur...
/Sigstan

Return to “Troubleshooting”