Missing Textures

Can't figure out how to solve an issue? Here is where to ask for help.
brucevanhorn2

Missing Textures

Postby brucevanhorn2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:24 pm

DAZ Studio: 4.0.10.123.
Reality plugin® version 4.3.1.16203
LuxRender 1.6
GPU acceleration is on (Ellesmere / AMD RX580)
Windows 10 Creator Edition (latest patches applied this morning)
Products in scene: Jason, Server Room (Just the desk, chair, keyboard and mouse)

My issue is that some, but not all, of the textures get lost. Luxus can't resolve the path. I can fix this temporarily by editing every texture setting to point to a hard path. I spent hours doing this last night but this morning, after a reboot (yes, I saved before shutting down for the night) none of the texture settings were retained in Reality. I'm facing having to go back and set them all manually again. My guess is that it can't reasolve @runtime to the right path. Is there an environment variable I need to set or something?

lux-missing-textures.png
Attachments
jason-2.png

brucevanhorn2

Re: Missing Textures

Postby brucevanhorn2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:43 pm

I did manage to find something.

https://www.versluis.com/2017/04/how-to ... az-studio/

If the article is correct, and it probably is, it's an install problem not a plugin problem. Though I'm still vexed that it didn't save my path corrections permanently.

sigstan

Postby sigstan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:51 pm

Yes, Reality does not support content through DAZ Connect. Hardly any third party DAZ plugins do. You can recognize the DAZ Connect stuff by the fact that the paths starts with @runtime.
To use your content, you will need to do download your content via DIM and do the one-time authentication for offline use (How do I install Daz Connect products using Offline Packages?):
/Sigstan

brucevanhorn2

Postby brucevanhorn2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:19 pm

Thanks! I managed to get it rendering through a long process of uninstalling and reinstalling, changing the content folders, and rebuilding the database. I couldn't do it again if I tried (and I hate that). I got this project to render but now about half of my content won't load even though when I right click and tell it to open the folder, it does, and I can see it there.

But this has become a Daz Studio problem not a Reality problem so I'll shop for answers elsewhere and not gum up the Reality forum.

Return to “Troubleshooting”